Review by Cjgarland89 -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cjgarland89
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjgarland89.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review by Cjgarland89 -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by Cjgarland89 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The end of days is something that has been a topic of great discussion and controversy. Different parts of the world and religions offer differing opinions on what events will take place specifically but mostly all agree that the end of days is imminent. Are we on the brink of the end of days? Are current events reflective of prophecies told in religious writings?

Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann is a non-fiction religion based book that explores the timeline of the end of days from the beginning with an extensive amount of knowledge, mostly taken from the Hebrew point of view. The author uses a timeline of the Divine Plan to show the beginning of time to the end of days. He breaks down each period along the way and explains when and how the various events have taken place, as well as what period we are possibly currently in.

The book begins with comparing the course of human history to a glass maze, with many twists and turns and different courses to be taken. The author describes what is to come in the chapters, therefore there aren’t any surprises and everything is laid out in a significantly organized way. He goes through the timeline, referring to scripture quite often, and explains different ways in which the coming of the end of days can come to pass, mainly how we can expedite it, or wait for it to come by default. Either way it is going to happen, it’s just a matter of exactly when. One major bonus of this book is the various diagrams, tables and appendix, which provide detailed information about the topics covered. They are especially beneficial to someone who doesn’t have an extensive knowledge of biblical writings or the end of days overall.

I chose to review this book mainly because I do not know much about religion or the bible and I enjoy reading and learning about it. I look at these types of books from a historical viewpoint rather than a religious one and I think that helps me understand them more. From the beginning I was drawn into this book and the author provides so much information it can be a little overwhelming, but the author explains everything in so much detail and so well that I feel like I learned so much more about the end of days from reading this book than I have prior.

I rate Roadmap to the End of Days a 4 out of 4 because it is not just a book for people with extensive knowledge of religion, it can be read by anyone, and by the end, like me, they will feel like they learned so much. The book is organized in a way that it flows nicely from one subject to the next, and each chapter builds upon the last. My one downside is due to my lack of knowledge of the topics, it was a little exhausting to constantly flip from the appendix back to my place I was reading to get the information on a particular name, or event. However, it was incredibly informative and I didn’t have any question unanswered by the end.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Cjgarland89's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

I'm more interested in knowing about the Hebrew point of view on the end of days. Sounds like a great read.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Woah! Book seems worth reading . Great review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”