Review by Dh_ -- My Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Review by Dh_ -- My Trip to Adele

Post by Dh_ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book made me realize the true meaning of the old saying ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’. At first sight, I thought it couldn’t possibly be that interesting; however, I was very wrong. A trip to Adele by R.I Alyaseer and A.I Alyaseer is split into three parts; each part is a separate story. The stories are told from each protagonist’s point of view. Although the characters lead different lives and live in different parts of the world, they have two things in common: their search for love and the importance of Adele in their lives. I am very happy with this book and decided to give it 4 out of 4 stars.

The first character that is introduced is Elias: a man in his thirties living in Rome, Italy. Elias is originally from Marrakesh and often longs for his country. Elias’s journey begins when he returns home in search of his lost love, Malika. During his search, Elias will learn things about himself and his country that he had failed to realize prior to his visit to Marrakesh. Adele’s music can be found in his most treasured memories, so he wishes to go to her concert.

The next protagonist is Yaser: a married man that is unhappy with his marriage living in Las Vegas. Yaser and his wife want to bring back the love they had when they first got married, but that is their story to tell. Yaser and his wife, Miriam, have different beliefs and opinions, but they share a happy memory which included Adele’s music. The couple is also aware that the concert is taking place and are considering attending.

The final main character is a woman named Nadia. Nadia is a single mom from Jordan who fought for her child’s custody against her abusive ex-husband. Nadia’s only concern in life is her son’s happiness. Her son, eight-year-old Waleed, is a huge Adele fan and she wishes to take him to see her live. The concert gives them this opportunity, but there are many obstacles that Nadia must overcome if she wants to take him.

I rated this book 4 stars because I found it to be very culturally enlightening as well as incredibly entertaining. I liked the thorough explanations of Marrakesh, since I had never heard of it, and all the people’s traditions. I loved how each story had unexpected plot twists every couple of pages. It really kept me on edge and made me want to keep reading. I noticed that the authors described the characters’ lives very well. Their feelings and thoughts were so well written that it was as if I were talking to the characters themselves, feeling their emotions along with them. I must say, it is a very emotional book. I nearly shed tears, both of joy and sadness, while I was reading.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the book. I would recommend this book to all the readers out there looking for something different, yet entertaining. The writing was beautiful, aside from a few grammatical errors, and, despite it having three speakers, it was easy to understand. This book was a very pleasant surprise. I loved every part of it and I think it deserves more recognition.

My Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dh_'s review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
Musinguzi Arnold
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Musinguzi Arnold »

i rate it 5 stars
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Musinguzi Arnold wrote:i rate it 5 stars

I read and rated this 4 stars because that was the maximum stars her but I agree that this novel deserves 5 stars. I also thought that the cover made it seem 'not interesting'. The siblings did a great job on this story. And so did you on your review.
Diah
Currently Reading: One Night for Love
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reading Device: B01M0JCU9B

Post by Diah »

Interesting review... :doh: :eusa-think:
I am not interested in reading three stories in one book. Do those 3 protagonists finally meet each other??? :eusa-think:
Adexpey
Currently Reading: Ruby's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Adexpey »

Alright
Andrew92

Post by Andrew92 »

I do support you. The three stories mixed me up until I ended up wondering what next for the protagonists...
keneth Korir

Post by keneth Korir »

Its a wonderful book describing love I rate it 4 out of4 stars
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

I'm also wondering why the book's cover doesn't appear in your (and another fellow reviewers') review when it does in mine, and in some others' as well. Nonetheless, I've also been pleasantly surprised several times by this book. It was a great read in its form and essence, regardless.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”