Review by Jimwei6 -- The Banned Book about Love

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jimwei6
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimwei6.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Review by Jimwei6 -- The Banned Book about Love

Post by Jimwei6 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Banned Book about Loveby Scott Hughes discusses the case of Brock Turner and how human society reacts to the judge's conviction: six months in jail. Scott Hughes explains his thoughts on the way human society react to cases similar to the case of Brock Turner: Hate. The author presents the idea of surpassing hate and assist in resolving the true conflict.

The book succeeded in the way of making readers think and reflect on the ideas discussed in the novel. The book is extremely interesting due to the truth the author points out about modern human society. Most importantly, I admire the fact that Scott Hughes had the courage to convey his message publically, even though the message that he is trying to present will result in huge amount of hate. Scott Hughes understood this, but he did not give up on publishing this book.

Unfortunately, even though the book discusses one of the most important issues in modern society, there are still some flaws. The book does not clearly explain the author's thoughts to the readers; in some sections, it is difficult to understand what Hughes is trying to present. Furthermore, the author's way of expressing his thoughts are not reader friendly. In other words, the author expresses his ideas in the way that readers could possibly understand it as an offensive opinion. In order to convey the message to all readers, the author's words should not make the reader feel offended, especially in this book, where the author is attempting to show that the modern society's way of reacting to conflicts is incorrect.

Personally, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I give this book the rating of 3 out of 4 because like every other book, it can be improved significantly. The wording, phrasing and the way of conveying the message could be improved so that the message can be easily understood and readers will feel like absorbing a new idea instead of a message that question their actions.

The truth is, the audience that this book will appeal does not depend on age, race, gender, or religion. The book will appeal to those who are open-minded and are able to think deeply about the ideas discussed in the novel. The book will least appeal readers who do not choose to consider or accept opinions that are different from theirs. In order to truly understand this book, the reader must have the quality of thinking deeply.

Overall, The Banned Book about Love by Scott Hughes shows a powerful thought that could possibly change the operations of modern human society for the better.

The Banned Book about Love
View: on Bookshelves

Like Jimwei6's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I agree that the some expositions in the book are not reader-friendly and are even offensive. Feel free to check out my review of this book. I rated it 3 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”