Review by Modern_Moses -- The Banned Book about Love

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zoey
Currently Reading: Sharing Jesus
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-modern-moses.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Review by Modern_Moses -- The Banned Book about Love

Post by Zoey »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When originally published by Scott Hughes in June of 2016, The Banned Book about Love was quite popular. It was a free e-book available only on amazon. In a mere three days, the author had 1,131 downloads and many a review. This fourteen-page wordy wonder took control of social media for it’s short season of success. Many people loved it. Many did not. With every lover, there is a hater as well. This book is a story of it’s own story.

Due to an uproar of Hughes-Haters, the book was banned from the store only three days after it was released. In this time frame, the author received many hateful comments as well as those of his sympathizers. These hateful comments, in my not so humble opinion, were highly uncalled for. These people clearly did not complete the reading before they went on to judge with a biased mind and a cold heart.

The Banned Book about Love discusses just that: Love. It tells us that love is worthy. It proposes that you love your neighbor as you love yourself. It reminds us that love does not require a perfect person. It is an act of selflessness and the opposite of self-righteousness. For how could one believe he is superior to his fellow persons yet love them still the same? It is not a realistic thought, am I right?

This fascinating read also explains that “hate does not work as a means.” It tells us that hate is simply broken love. The Banned Book about Love teaches us that love demands careful intelligent sacrifice, while hate is comforting. After all, ignorance is bliss, right?

This vivid page-turner is quite an amazing read for a mind that likes to think. Author Scott Hughes certainly has a way with words. He takes everyday issues and makes you wonder: How does this happen? Why is it the way it is? I am not sure about you but I enjoy books that make you more curious than you were when you began.

I rate this read 3 out of 4 stars. While it excites you and gets you thinking, there are moments when it is quite hard to concentrate. Aside from these few brain-blockers, I would absolutely recommend this book. I encourage you to give it a shot. You will not be disappointed. So, will you join the haters or the lovers? Please speak your opinion in the comments below. Good day and happy reading!

The Banned Book about Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Modern_Moses's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

There were definitely a few brain blockers in the book. Feel free to check out my review of this book. I rated it 3 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”