Review by alwaysdaddygirl -- Rooftop Sunsets & C...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Review by alwaysdaddygirl -- Rooftop Sunsets & C...

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rooftop Sunsets & Cocktails" by Alexa Fernandez.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Book Review of Rooftops Sunsets and Cocktails by Alexa Fernandez

Any type of relationship can bloom if love is in the heart. This book is called “Rooftops, Sunsets, Cocktails” by Alexa Fernadez. Throughout this book you will meet some of the main characters; Desiree, George, and Olivia. The main purpose of this story line is getting to know the life of the main character. She is in her mid-twenties. Were you really this annoying in your mid-twenties? Did you feel that by the mid-twenties you should have known what direction you wanted to take for a career?

Desiree had a bad childhood, which caused her to become the person she did. With all due respect, I worked with children who had experienced domestic abuse, abusive relationships, etc. Yes, Desiree's rough childhood experiences are saddening and definitely not right. But it is not the type of secret that other people have had to keep when growing up in abusive home, or seeing one, or both, parents being addicted to booze, drugs, or both. This is where I was debating with this review on the rating. I do not know all about life. When someone reaches their thirties, most learn from life mistakes. Not just your own mistakes, but most people also learn from the mistakes of family, friends, and loved ones. I think the proper audience for this book should be in their twenties.

This book is not fantasy fiction, yet the story at many times, seems to fit under the fiction category. There is no question that having bonding time with your loved ones, can bounce you back onto your feet. If you are a self-destructive individual, you will most likely benefit from therapy while growing up. There are many folks in their mid-twenties who have taken the path of therapy to help them move past the events in their life that are preventing them to grow as a person. I find it hard to believe that Desiree could have a forever happy ending if she did not received therapy. However, there are those individuals who went through tragic upbringings, and still managed to advance through life without therapy. These characters will remind you of those true friends that you have.

Due to the reasons listed above, I give the book a 3 out of 4 stars. Again, it is a reminder of the importance of having a good friend. . Life teaches you who your true friends really are. Friends can lead you on different life journeys that you normally would not encounter without them.

Mahalo for reading,
RM Griffin

Rooftop Sunsets & Cocktails
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like alwaysdaddygirl's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
John Cand
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-cand.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by John Cand »

I'm in my early twenties so I fit your expected target audience. Thanks for the review. I'm not sure I want to read this but your review does make me contemplate on doing so.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

I'm twenty two, starting out in life. Slowly I feel as though I'm finding the direction I want my life to go in, so I can relate. Thanks for the honest review. :)
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

John Cand wrote:I'm in my early twenties so I fit your expected target audience. Thanks for the review. I'm not sure I want to read this but your review does make me contemplate on doing so.
Mahalo for your feedback! ??

-- 22 Jul 2017, 12:41 --
Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:I'm twenty two, starting out in life. Slowly I feel as though I'm finding the direction I want my life to go in, so I can relate. Thanks for the honest review. :)
Mahalo!??
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”