Review by Veda -- Antique Mirror by D.F.Jones

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veda
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veda.html
Latest Review: "Antique Mirror" by D.F.Jones

Review by Veda -- Antique Mirror by D.F.Jones

Post by Veda »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Antique Mirror" by D. F. Jones.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Antique Mirror is a short fictional story written by D.F Jones that involves witches, an antique mirror and clash of current vs. past generations. Now I am not against paranormal story lines but I do not prefer them much as a short story because they are rarely done well as a short story and are much better when they are fully expanded upon and each creative idea fully thought through and explained in detail to the reader. I always see the creative potential for these types of story lines and that’s exactly what happened when I started reading Antique Mirrors… it could be much more!

D.F Jones is also the author Anna’s Way which is the second volume in the Ditch Lane Diaries series that I read recently and absolutely loved! D.F. Jones had the desire to write something for herself after developing creative advertising for her clients through her media company. After reading some of her other works, I have now come to the conclusion that her strongest skill set as an author is the way she is able to bring her characters to life and give the reader a brief glimpse into her creative process.

Antique Mirror is no different, it is a short read and the riveting story line hooked me right from the start and didn’t let me put down my kindle until I was finished reading the story in its entirety. As it is a short story, I will not ruin it by expanding too much but will say that it is about a young artist named Victoria who moves into a new house and found herself talking to a very handsome man who is behind a cursed mirror. How she breaks the curse and frees Jonathan (the handsome man) forms the rest of the story.

Although Victoria and Jonathan are the main characters, the secondary characters in this book are Victoria’s friend Max and a witch who cursed Jonathan. I had a smile on my face as I was reading about Victoria and Max because I just fell in love with their outgoing outrageous personalities that suited them so well! Although we get a sense of Jonathan’s personality, I felt that it wasn’t as developed as Max and Victoria’s.

When I first started writing this review, I just wanted to give this book a 3 out of 4 stars but really, the only thing that I could find fault with this story was that all the angles of the story were not fully expanded on. This short story has a serious potentiality of becoming a great novel. For this reason, my final rating of Antique Mirror is 4 out of 4 stars with a request to D.F. Jones to please make this into a novel! I definitely recommend anyone who is into paranormal fictional stories read this quick story, as I know that they would enjoy it as much as I did.

Antique Mirror
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Veda's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Antique Mirror" by D.F.Jones

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”