Hello

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Muinteoir
Bookshelf Size: 0

Hello

Post by Muinteoir »

I'm muinteoir (Gaelic for teacher) and I am....a teacher.

I love reading and other readers. My taste is eclectic, but I particularly like literary fiction, historical fiction and the occasional dip into chick lit. Just some chick lit though; I don't care for the romance-type books much.

I tend to find a author I love, read everything I can by him/her and move on to a new one.

I currently enjoy the Number 1 Ladies Detective series by McCall-Smith, have recently discovered Sarah Addison Allen and am always on the lookout for new, good reads.
GotThatSwing

Post by GotThatSwing »

Hello and welcome to the forums :) I hope you'll like it here.
Lolita. Light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Hello great to have another Irish person here, welcome to the forums! :D
You only live once.....so live!
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

Hello and welcome!!
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Muinteoir wrote:I'm muinteoir (Gaelic for teacher) and I am....a teacher.

I love reading and other readers. My taste is eclectic, but I particularly like literary fiction, historical fiction and the occasional dip into chick lit. Just some chick lit though; I don't care for the romance-type books much.

I tend to find a author I love, read everything I can by him/her and move on to a new one.

I currently enjoy the Number 1 Ladies Detective series by McCall-Smith, have recently discovered Sarah Addison Allen and am always on the lookout for new, good reads.
Cuirím an fáilte romhat .... feel free to correct :lol:
Good to have you on the forum I think we may have fairly similar reading tastes.
andr70

Post by andr70 »

Welcome at the forum with big hands!
Hope you will enjoy your stay here and we will enjoy your sharing!
:D
UncalledBank

Post by UncalledBank »

always great to have teachers aboard!
Cynia

Post by Cynia »

I have recently discovered Sarah Addison Allen's books and have enjoyed them immensely. They are quickly savoured in a day without a lot of pages with no real content. I just finished The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly and found it extremely long without much originality in it, I won't be reading the rest of the series.

Return to “Introductions”