Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
CamiloMVillanuevaJr
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by CamiloMVillanuevaJr »

Hi, I'm Camilo!

I love books, reading, and writing -- and informally keeping track of what's happening to the genres I fancy.

Since I am financially strapped most of the time, I couldn't afford to buy books now -- and even if I do I couldn't since I don't have my own place and much of the books I would often collect just end up SOMEWHERE.

I love keeping books for benchmarking purposes -- especially those titles that have influenced or taught me much about life, reading, and writing -- but it's a moneyed game.

I am reading now what my projects or work would require me to read. I am reading a book on BULLYING, as well as ebooks on GEMOLOGY, and would love to read more gay fiction -- which we do not have much in the Philippines -- and more history and biography, which popular as they are often sadly had become material for periodicals like magazines.

When I chanced upon a message that says I COULD EARN BY WRITING REVIEWS AND GET FREE BOOKS DOING SO I signed up and am looking forward to getting to read and sharing my thoughts on the titles I would love to read had circumstances been otherwise.

From Pasay City in the Philippines!
Arylana20

Post by Arylana20 »

Hi there all! My name is Melissa. I am new to thos site and would love a chance to read & review anything I can get my hands on! My fiction genre prefereces are Romance, Science Fiction/Fantasy, YA, Mysteries, & basically anything about Witches, Vampires, & Shape Changers. But to be honest, I'll read just about anything! Hope to start soon. Have a great day!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Hollow[Slayer]101
Favorite Author: Jim Butcher
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Academ's Fury</a>
Currently Reading: Cursor's Fury
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollow-slayer-101.html
Reading Device: B008HTJLF6
fav_author_id: 2907

Post by Hollow[Slayer]101 »

Hello, my name is Samuel. I love to read urban fantasy, christian fiction, mystery/detective and sometimes Si-fi novels but I am willing to explore other genres. Depending on how long the book is I like to read at least one book every month, more if I can and I am currently reading the Codex Alara series by Jim Butcher. Some of my favorite books consist of; Inheritance by Christopher Polini, The Circle Series my Ted Dekker, and Academ's Fury by Jim Butcher. I am looking forward to finding new authors and hopefully write some reviews along the way.
rssllue
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Welcome, Samuel! Those are some great choices in genres and authors too! :) Have fun exploring the forums and posting your thoughts and ideas!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
niclorax
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by niclorax »

Hi everyone. I was introduced to this site through some random website about kids earning money. Money is cool, but I thought it would also be cool to write a review when I'm reading anyway. I also thought it would act as a low key way to write and find new authors. I'm interested to try it out and see how all of this works. Here's to hoping for a long and fruitful friendship with this website. Cheers to discovering hidden gems.
hope4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hope4.html

Post by hope4 »

Hi from Hope4
New to this site and am an avid reader. To answer Scott, yes I often pick up a book because the cover entices me, or what I have read in a magazine or the Sunday paper triggers my curiosity. I also love specific authors and tend to read every thing they write. Am currently stuck on Anna Huber. Her stories are fantastic, they draw you into another time and place. With a medical background I find her books fascinating.
CAnaquth
Currently Reading: The Devil Wears Prada
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by CAnaquth »

hi everyone i an a newbie here please help me throught the way. I love reading and talking about it so please show mw the roads around :D
shonywill
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shonywill.html

Post by shonywill »

My name is Shonte'. I love to read, hence why I'm here :) Although it has been a while since I've sat down with a good book. I am excited to get back into the book world though.
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Welcome and have fun on the forums!

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
beemiegirl
Currently Reading: Don't Be Like Mike
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beemiegirl.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by beemiegirl »

Hello,

My name is Shannon. I am an avid reader and enjoy a variety of genres. Recently, I have been reading anything from supernatural-type books (ghosts, witches and vampires) to mystery or crime novels. I did recently read a "love story," which is generally not my thing. I did enjoy that one, though. I think I will enjoy reviewing books. This was recommended to me by my mother-in-law, who always commented on the amount of reading I do. My children are teenagers now and I have found that I have a lot more time on my hands than I had in the past. I am looking forward to this new experience.
-Issinduil-
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-issinduil.html

Post by -Issinduil- »

Hey everyone!

My name is Eric, and for as long as I've been able to read, I have absolutely loved it. My senior year of high school, we were allowed to choose a fiction novel to read for our final paper, and I was the only person to choose War and Peace, and yes, I cried multiple times during it. Hopefully that gives you some idea as to how much I love reading. :P I'm a fairly eclectic reader, although sci-fi novels are probably the books I enjoy the most. I'm looking forward to seeing what this site has to offer. :)
Barney56

Post by Barney56 »

Hello forumfolk, i'm Barney..an insomniac and avid reader, recovering alcoholic and survivor of two heart attacks..arthritis sufferer and all-round grumpy old man..pleased to meet you.
CaitCupcake
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitcupcake.html
Latest Review: "Kept" by L. B. Plum
Reading Device: B00KHAFI9G

Post by CaitCupcake »

Hey there everyone

My name is Cait and i consider myself a very avid reader, when not busy with real life that is.
My favourite genres are supernatural and romance and of course if it's a supernatural romance then im set.
I look forward to discussing some awesome books with everyone ^-^
Latest Review: "Kept" by L. B. Plum
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the forums! :mrgreen:

Return to “Introductions”