Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Gotta Book
Favorite Book: The Nickel Boys
Currently Reading: Godshot
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gotta-book.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B07X4GF8HS

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by Gotta Book »

Hi, I am jax and I am an avid reader. I used to read 3-4 books a week. I have a harder time these days finding books I like to read (plus I am getting old so reading puts me to sleep faster these days, lol).

I found this forum while searching the internet for reviews on books etc. I am so happy I found this place because I do like to read reviews, especially before purchasing a book, and I do love reading what other people think of books I have really liked.

I like YA books, especially the dystopian series. I like law/courtroom fiction, like Grisham and Turow. I like mysteries, especially repeat characters like Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch, Kellerman's Alex Delaware, and Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar.

But what I really like is ANY good book!
muggle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by muggle »

jax2 wrote:Hi, I am jax and I am an avid reader. I used to read 3-4 books a week. I have a harder time these days finding books I like to read (plus I am getting old so reading puts me to sleep faster these days, lol).

I found this forum while searching the internet for reviews on books etc. I am so happy I found this place because I do like to read reviews, especially before purchasing a book, and I do love reading what other people think of books I have really liked.

I like YA books, especially the dystopian series. I like law/courtroom fiction, like Grisham and Turow. I like mysteries, especially repeat characters like Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch, Kellerman's Alex Delaware, and Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar.

I am also new to this forum. If you like mysteries I recommend that you try Robert B. Parker's books.
Gotta Book
Favorite Book: The Nickel Boys
Currently Reading: Godshot
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gotta-book.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B07X4GF8HS

Post by Gotta Book »

muggle wrote:
jax2 wrote:Hi, I am jax and I am an avid reader. I used to read 3-4 books a week. I have a harder time these days finding books I like to read (plus I am getting old so reading puts me to sleep faster these days, lol).

I am also new to this forum. If you like mysteries I recommend that you try Robert B. Parker's books.
I have already read all of those. :mrgreen:
muggle

Post by muggle »

jax2 wrote:
muggle wrote:

I have already read all of those. :mrgreen:
have you read Parker's Westerns. Appoloosa and the other two are awesome Westerns.

What about James Lee Burke, he is probably my favorite mystery/detective author today.
bossman223

Post by bossman223 »

Hello! I'm new here and anxious to meet some new people and read some new books. I am a writer myself, but I'm just getting started. I love to read sci-fy, fantasy, horror, westerns, well to put it bluntly I'll read anything I can get my hands on. Looking forward to this new experience.
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by TammyO »

Welcome! It sounds like you'll fit right in! :) There are short story contests that you may enter. You might find that very interesting also being that you are a writer. Enjoy!
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
jessicahoover39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicahoover39.html

Post by jessicahoover39 »

Hi I'm Jessica I love to read mostly horror. I found this site by accident but think its great no one else close to me has the passion for reading like I do and look forward to talking to others about great books

-- 28 Jan 2015, 21:14 --

Hi I'm Jessica I love to read mostly horror. I found this site by accident but think its great no one else close to me has the passion for reading like I do and look forward to talking to others about great books
ratzille
Favorite Author: Roald Dahl
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ratzille.html
fav_author_id: 3429

Post by ratzille »

Hi! I'm from Florida and love to read! I am excited to be involved ♡
SusieGee1978
Favorite Author: Darynda Jones
Favorite Book: The Charlie Davidson series
Currently Reading: Lawless by Matt Bondurant
fav_author_id: 5721

Post by SusieGee1978 »

Hello everyone!! I'm just getting started and am so excited! I like pretty much any kind of book, but am a total sucker for a good paranormal or historical romance! I like fantasy, mysteries, and thrillers as well. I can't wait to find some new books, I'm always looking for another good book or series to lose myself in! :D
caity_cat_23
Currently Reading: Timebound
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caity-cat-23.html
Latest Review: "ABC Poems" by Helena Gershenzon and Galina Likhovetsky

Post by caity_cat_23 »

Hi, I'm Caitlin. I love to read and sometimes write. I especially like YA and teen fiction. I have kind of let reading fall by the wayside except for the things I'm required to read for school and I'm hoping that being a part of this community will motivate me to spark my love for it again. I'm so glad to be a part of this community! :D
Latest Review: "ABC Poems" by Helena Gershenzon and Galina Likhovetsky
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by TammyO »

Hi, Caitlin & all Newbies. Welcome To the club! :) Hopefully with all of the book recommendations you will find some wonderful new finds. Have Fun!
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
alyssaemerson
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssaemerson.html

Post by alyssaemerson »

Hello
My name is Alyssa. It is nice to meet you all and be here :)
jazziemommie
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazziemommie.html
Latest Review: "Noise" by Brett Garcia Rose

Post by jazziemommie »

Hello fellow bookworms! I enjoy all genres but especially historical, war, and mystery/thriller fiction. I also love a good nonfiction or fiction outdoor/adventure story.

I am excited to have found this book club! I look forward to discussing some of the books I've recently read: The Art of Racing in the Rain, Wild, Maude, and three of Liane Moriarty's novels.
Latest Review: "Noise" by Brett Garcia Rose
maitdi

Post by maitdi »

Hello everyone! I love books most of all and I'm very excited about this club. Best from Argentina!
pujadev

Post by pujadev »

Hi Everyone,

I'm writing from Bangalore, India. Happened to stumble on this forum when I was looking for a place were I can write reviews. This seems like a very interactive forum, I'm sure I will enjoy being here :)

Return to “Introductions”