Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Anorion
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anorion »

Hey, never thought bookworms would actually group on the web... I was wrong. I have a lot of catching up to do here, and will do it too. Looking forward to a great time.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Hi people! My name is Michael, im 27 and from the south of Ireland. I have always enjoyed reading, mainly horror books, but i also read crime and adventure books, too. Its a passion of mine and i look forward to getting to know some of you here. :D
awelker

Post by awelker »

Welcome!
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
wiggicc

Post by wiggicc »

hello all. i posted a few days ago on another thread but i haven't officially introduced myself. My name is Cody. I'm 22, married and just got into reading about 1 1/2 years ago. i didn't really enjoy it while i was in high school but i love it now. I'm mostly into the classics for now. i used to read some science fiction but that's not really my thing anymore. books that make people stop and think are what i'm into. i don't really have anyone to talk to about books so i thought i'd come here. hopefully i'll make some friends. :oops:
awelker

Post by awelker »

Hello Cody and welcome! I'm glad to see that you have finally started to like reading. I find it really enjoyable and sometimes don't understand how people could hate it so much.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
bmslove

Post by bmslove »

Hello to all and happy new year.
My name is Bredalynn (30 yrs old) and I am also a devoted book reader. I typically read a new book everyday and so I am always looking for the next one. My favorite place is Bent Corner book store because my addiction can be costly. I just finished The Lost Symbol as an e-book and foundit was great because I could read it on my desktop, my laptop, my netbook and my cell phone. I told you I had a reading addiction HAHA. Sometimes ( like this week) I have three books going at the same time. One is required reading because I am currently pursuing my PhD so one is always a textbook. I look forward to meeting others with the same addiction. :D
cheerio

Post by cheerio »

Welcome
DreamSE22

Post by DreamSE22 »

I joined this website so I could discuss/read book reviews and book recommendations. I am always looking for new titles and authors to add to my list of growing TBR (to be read) book list. I have always been active in the BookCrossing community but looking to expand my horizons of course.

I have my own book review blog as well, under username DreamSE22 at Google's blogspot. Pleased to meet everyone!
emmald

Post by emmald »

Hey.

My name is Emma, I'm 23, married, from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. I'm new to all of this. I used to read alot when I was younger and then as my wild teenage years took over I gave it up.

I love to read true stories, autobios, crime, thriller and horror however I'm not against a good romance/chick book.

Thanks for having me, looking forward to getting to know you all better.
kdmitchell

Post by kdmitchell »

Hi! I'm a married 37 year old women from from Alabama. I'm a paralegal and love to read. I joined because I love reading and have no one to discuss my books with. Those around me would rather watch the movie. :roll: I'm looking forward to discussing books with y'all. :D
liyulianyanyu

Post by liyulianyanyu »

:D Good afternoon, everyone! I am a Chinese.I like to read book a little.However,I like to make friends with you who like books.I am a newcomer.
aikerada

Post by aikerada »

Hello everyone!

My name is Melissa! I'm a 27 year old stay at home mom (to four sons) from Iowa. I've always loved, not only to read, but books in general. Since becoming a mom I've not had as much time to devote to my hobby as I once did. I'm more than thrilled to jump back into the pages, though!! I joined this club to make myself read again. I look forward to discussing the book of the month with all of you & making new friends from all over the world!

I also like to bowl, shoot pool, go to the movies, swim, dance, make jewelry, garden. Lots of stuff, I guess as long as I'm doing it with my family!

I'm trying to find out what we'll be reading for April, if anyone could point me in the right direction! Thanks :)
pontalba

Post by pontalba »

Hi all, accidentally found this forum, and it seems like a good place to land for a book lover.
I read many different genres, mystery, lit, some sci-fi, and history.

I noticed your thread on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and had to register to comment. :)
ads1981

Post by ads1981 »

Hi, all! I'm brand-new here and can't wait to get started with the threads. I love to read. Always have.
fairytalebec

Post by fairytalebec »

Hi, I'm Rebecca. I love to read, and I'll have a go at almost anything with the possible exception of historical boddice rippers. I've read all my life, and I can't imagine how it would be to life a life without books in it. Currently, I'm on a bit of a nautical kick; The Way Of A Ship by Derek Lundy led to Antarctic Navigation by Elizabeth Arthur, and this morning i started Voyage Of The Narwhal,by Andrea Barrett. I'm also reading The Complete Hisotry of China and re-reading The Rings of Saturn by W G Sebald. Literary heroes include Haruki Murakami, Peter Hoeg, John Irving and Annie Proulx, although I could go on and on and on.....
(and I'm sure you'll find out, I often do.......)

Return to “Introductions”