Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Meg22
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg22.html

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by Meg22 »

Hello everyone,

I am an avid reader who considers my love for reading to be a borderline addiction as I just can not get enough. I love to read all different genres, although I have an embarrassing guilty pleasure of reading Young Adult novels. At 25, I feel I should have a bit more mature taste, but I do enjoy indulging in YA's quite often. I also love historical fiction and thrillers. Quite honestly, I will read any book. Once I start a story, even if it I'm not enjoying it that much, I will have to finish the book. Can't wait to read everyone's opinions and suggestions through the forums.

Happy reading,
Meg
dusty rose

Post by dusty rose »

Hello & thank you for letting me join. I read all the time, mostly all night. I do horse rescue & have 3 horses, 6 dogs, 6 cats and lots of chickens & ducks. We have a small farm on the NJ shore. I am into Harley motorcycles & my husband is a MC biker so I read many MC romance books. I also buy & sell antiques.
Tonya
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: honest illusions by Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: elegy
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by Tonya »

Hello dusty rose,and welcome,I hope you enjoy it here.
Bibliophile97
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: So so many. . .
Currently Reading: 80 A.D. The Tekhan of Anuket
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile97.html
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Bibliophile97 »

Hello everyone. I am pleased to meet all of you!
jibreelwizard

Post by jibreelwizard »

thanks for the very warm welcome i really love reading and i hope to invest the money i get from the book club
whit22

Post by whit22 »

Hi all,
I'm so glad to have found this group and I look forward to reading with you! I'm new to the group and a cultural anthropology graduate student. That said, I'm very eager to finally get to read and discuss some fiction! :)
Whitney
TracyGCK09

Post by TracyGCK09 »

Hi everyone,

My name is Tracy, from Texas. Avid reader and joined up to try out my hand at reviews :) And discussions :)
Claire Warner

Post by Claire Warner »

Hi all...

Nice to meet you all.
Heyjude344

Post by Heyjude344 »

New here....sounds dun

-- 07 Apr 2014, 20:04 --

Fun....ugh sorry
hcheartland
Currently Reading: Simone
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by hcheartland »

Hi. My penname is H.C. I am new to the forum world so I hope I am doing this right. I got talked to for doing things wrong on Goodreads already. I'm an Indie author who hopes to improve via great tips by readers and writers alike.
TracyGCK09

Post by TracyGCK09 »

hcheartland wrote:Hi. My penname is H.C. I am new to the forum world so I hope I am doing this right. I got talked to for doing things wrong on Goodreads already. I'm an Indie author who hopes to improve via great tips by readers and writers alike.
Have you read the materials linked at the top of the page for authors who join these forums? There is some special information there just for you. Welcome :D
Arkmansmith

Post by Arkmansmith »

Hi, I'm Ark (not really, but it serves as a good stand in), and I'm a writer, reader, and I enjoy good literature, though I'm a bit younger than some, I try hard to work on my writing, and I enjoy reading many books. I can't honestly think of a favorite book, as I own more than a hundred that I've enjoyed reading several times. Well, that's my soapbox intro, so have a good day!
Tacomamacita
Currently Reading: Where Two Hearts Meet
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Tacomamacita »

Hello :D, my name is Hyacinth Palmer and I am a taco addict, lol! I happened upon this page through Google search. I am very active on goodreads and try to post a short review on each book I read. This whole thing about getting paid to read came about by me "talking out loud" on Facebook. One of my friends went online to search and reported back that I could get paid to read and that people actually do it for a living. I am not trying to get rich but if I can get a taco or two and gas up my car or take my grandson to the museum I am good.

I am currently a youth minister, worship leader, and church admin at my church. In my spare time I eat tacos, read, travel, photography, and spend time with my one year old grandson. I try to read between 80 and 100 books a year, that is my personal goal. At times I get overwhelmed with reading only because I have so many people sending their books via email, facebook, etc. I try to be as honest as possible and so far the experience I believe has been a win win.

My favorite books besides the Bible are The Reason by William Sirls, Perfect Peace by Daniel Black, The Year it Snowed in April by Eva Bottier, Dead Air by Bob Larson, and most books by Karen Kingsbury. My new love has been authors Anna Black and Nicole Dunlap. I try to expand my horizons to read books outside of my areas of interest. Even if I start a book that I really don't like, I am committed to finish it and write a review.

I hope I haven't bored you with my chatter. I look forward in being an active participant on this site. Uhmmm, as you can see I talk a lot!

Hy Palmer
valerie_oliva
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-oliva.html

Post by valerie_oliva »

Hey everyone!
My name is Valerie, 20 years old, recently moved to San Diego, CA. I'm a first time mom with a 5 month old baby boy, Aiden. I needed some alone time and came across this book club website. I'm so excited to get my read on! Perfect way to get away :)
2xBlessed

Post by 2xBlessed »

Hi! I am Carolyn and I live in a small community in Central Louisiana. When I say "small" I really mean small. There is no store for 6 miles. And I love it! I am living in the home I grew up in and I tell people, yeah it is old and needs work. But, so am I and so do I. :D I love reading all types of printed material from Comic Books to Medical Journals. When I am not reading or playing with Daisy, my 2-year old very naughty, but much loved Jack Russell, I like to do crafts. I just got into making chalkboards. But, reading is my first love. I am a big fan of both John Grisham and Robin Cook.
Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Return to “Introductions”