Hello online book people.

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
RobC
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robc.html

Hello online book people.

Post by RobC »

Hello everyone.

I live in the south of England, where the greater London sprawl overlaps into the green fields of Surrey. I came across this site recently, and thought I'd give it a go.

A couple of questions:
I don't own a kindle yet. Could I download a book for review onto a computer, and send it to myself as an attachment? I could read it on a standard computer then.

Also: a naive question perhaps, but can a book be downloaded onto a memory stick, and then onto Kindle? I did a brief online search about this, and the impression I get is that Kindle is formatted differently. Something called Calibre was mentioned. I don't have internet at home. However a library near me has free wifi, so perhaps downloading could take place there. The idea is so I can read at my leisure, and not only during library hours.

regards

RobC
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome to the site!

You can read ebooks on your pc as well.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

Hey there! You can definitely download an ebook to your computer with no issue, and then email it to yourself to download on a tablet/reader as long as it's not solely a reader. We have a Kindle fire HD6 and when I do reviews I download them from the page to my Kindle (doc and PDF files at least so far are fine). When it's a Kindle gift review, though, it's even easier - once your amazon account owns it, you can download it to your computer, phone and kindle with no issue (any smart phone at least, you can get a kindle app). I don't even have a computer currently -iPhone for reviewing and browsing, kindle for reading :)
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
RobC
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robc.html

Post by RobC »

CataclysmicKnight wrote:Hey there! You can definitely download an ebook to your computer with no issue, and then email it to yourself to download on a tablet/reader as long as it's not solely a reader. We have a Kindle fire HD6 and when I do reviews I download them from the page to my Kindle (doc and PDF files at least so far are fine). When it's a Kindle gift review, though, it's even easier - once your amazon account owns it, you can download it to your computer, phone and kindle with no issue (any smart phone at least, you can get a kindle app). I don't even have a computer currently -iPhone for reviewing and browsing, kindle for reading :)
Thanks for the info Gali, and CataclysmicKnight.

Return to “Introductions”