Another Newbie joining ranks

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
wchrimes
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: A Prayer for Owen Meany
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wchrimes.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Another Newbie joining ranks

Post by wchrimes »

Hi All,

I'm a book fanatic and read as much as possible. I've been captivated by the e-book revolution; though, it took me a while to give up the paper versions as my primary source of fiction. Because I have a Kindle, I have found navigating the e-book world a bit confounding at times. I've often wished for a good solid book review to steer me in the right direction on a book; and, find the e-book reviews rather lacking in detail or useful information. I somehow stumbled on this site and would love to provide reviews that readers can use to evaluate their purchase before they make it. If I get a free book out of it, so much the better.

I read horror, mysteries, and thrillers as my top ranked genera's and love thought provoking, well written best sellers outside those genera's as well. Stephen King, Joyce Carol Oates, Jodi Picoult, and most recently Catherine Ryan Hyde are listed among my favorite contemporary authors. I'm a fan of Salinger, Fitzgerald, Hemingway and many other greats as well.

I'm looking forward to joining a book community as well. I haven't had any really good book discussions for years!
Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough

Post by Skillian »

Hi! Welcome! Nice to meet you. You should fit right in! I've really been enjoying it here. I'm pretty new as well. A lot of nice peeps here. :) And there are plenty of reviews for you to check out. 8)
I love LOVE. <3
KBlovesbooks
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kblovesbooks.html

Post by KBlovesbooks »

I just joined today. I am wondering if anyone would compare this to goodreads or booklikes? I have been on both goodreads and booklikes for a while. I am just wondering if anyone else has been on any of them.
Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html

Post by Skillian »

I actually have never tried either or those sites... so... total fail on my part. I've heard of them... but I think I tend to lean away from more popular sites... because in my past experiences I was able to make more intimate connections on the ones that didn't have as much traffic.....and wasn't in some constant battle for attention getting lost in the chaos of it all. Then again... I probably shouldn't assume anything about sites I haven't visited.... hahaha. What is it about those websites that had a draw for you? Maybe I should check them out too.
I love LOVE. <3
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome to the site! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”