Hey guys

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Poly
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poly.html

Hey guys

Post by Poly »

Hey guys! New member here(obviously)

Who am I?

21-year-old polyglot(English, French, Hungarian -C1 Polish, Italian -A1) cripple(spastic tetraparesis)

Why am I here?

I was looking for communities who recommend books to each other, and ended up here. Heard about the free books for reviews something-for-nothing scheme and decided to try my luck. Would be awesome if you could recommend me some good books though! I tried Goodreads' system, but it often misses the mark.

Why am I reading?
Pure and simple escapism really. My life sucks, and books are my drug of choice

What books do I enjoy reading?

Fantasy and Romance, primarily, but if I come across an interesting book, I'll read it regardless of genre

That's me in a nutshell, be seeing you guys around! :)
Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough

Post by Skillian »

Welcome! You should fit right in! I'm pretty new as well.. only been coming around for a few days. I like it so far, and yeah the review thing sounds really fun.. and why not right? Free book. I'm game. haha. Welp, hope you like it and stick around. :) 8)
I love LOVE. <3
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough
susanruth

Post by susanruth »

Hello Poly
I'm new as well (:-) Everything seems pretty straightforward. I'm saying Hi to some of the people who joined around the time I did.

Books can be an escape, and it's always a delight to find a new one that offers that diversion from real life. Happy reading: I hope you find heaps of interesting suggestions. Are there particular fantasy and romance authors you enjoy?
Poly
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poly.html

Post by Poly »

I have no favourite romance authors, though I did read quite a few by Nicholas Sparks. As for fantasy, I adore Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Sorin Suciu, all things Tolkien, Asimov(yeah I know, he's a bit sci-fi), Rowling(her detective stories are better than her early work) Robert Asprin and Tom Holt are also entertaining.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome to the site! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Introductions”