Greetings from Ontario, Canada

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Willa Waters
Bookshelf Size: 0

Greetings from Ontario, Canada

Post by Willa Waters »

Hello, I'm Willa Waters :). My name isn't actually Willa Waters, but I decided to use it as my username because it's a pen name I'm thinking of if I ever become an author. I chose Willa because I've always loved that name; it's so old fashioned and feminine. Waters as the last name because with Willa the full name is an alliteration, and also because of the character Augustus Waters in my favourite book, "The Fault in Our Stars".

I joined this site because I love reading (novels, poems, short stories, even some well written essays). Also I would love the opportunity to talk to all these people about books, and maybe become part of the review team!

I'm 18 years old and a student (currently a 1st year English major). I haven't had much time to do reading for pleasure since I started university, but I have enjoyed reading the assigned texts in my English courses. I mostly read fiction, but I'm open to reading more non-fiction (so far the only non-fiction I've read is memoirs/autobiographies and biographies). I read YA novels most of the time, but I have read some adult fiction. My favourite genres are romance, drama, and science fiction/fantasy. I'm not into the YA dystopian craze, but I haven't read much dystopia so I guess I haven't really given it much of a chance. My favourite authors are John Green, Rachel Caine, Rainbow Rowell, and Neil Gaiman. My favourite books are "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green, "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern, and "The Morganville Vampires Series" by Rachel Caine, to name a few (but I have a lot more favourite books listed on my Goodreads profile :P).

I look forward to exploring this site and meeting fellow bibliophiles! :)

Return to “Introductions”