Hello Hope Here

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
notedbyHope
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Hello Hope Here

Post by notedbyHope »

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in learning more about what books we're all reading lately. I was doing some research for a project and came across this site and thought I'd give it a whirl. I look forward to cyber-chatting with you about books, etc. Let the book discussions begin!

:lol:
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Welcome to the forum! You will certainly have the opportunity you seek to discuss books and writing on here. Enjoy your time!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
notedbyHope

Post by notedbyHope »

Thanks for the welcome. You sure have posted a lot in your short time here. Good for you. I will check out your fav. author and book as noted. What are you reading lately? Any forum favs that I should be pointed to??
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

You are most welcome for the welcome! :) I hope you enjoy my favorites as much as I do too! As for the books, I have just finished The King by Steven James which is the 7th book in the Bower's Files which is a great crime/mystery/thriller series. I am also working on finishing up reading a nonfiction book about the early days of forensics and how they were used to help solve the case of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping and murder. It is called The Sixteenth Rail by Adam Schrager and is quite the interesting read. So what kinds of books do you like to read?

As for the threads, I enjoy a lot of the brain stimulating ones that are under the off-topic section, like Word Association, 5 Letter Word Game, The Song Game and the like. They are just some fun things to do on here while getting an opportunity to interact with others on here. Actually, the best way I think to get going with posting is to click on the Forum Home link near the upper portion of the page, and the click again on the New Posts link and then just scroll down and jump into any of the threads that look interesting to you. You will be in the swing of things in no time at all! If I can be of any help, just let me know. I hope this all helps you get started and that I answered your questions well. :) Have fun!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Maggie777

Post by Maggie777 »

Hello
welcome to the forum community hope you will enjoy your stay here. :)

Return to “Introductions”