Hey Y'all I am Ann

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
AnnDJ
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anndj.html

Re: Hey Y'all I am Ann

Post by AnnDJ »

No Problem I love supporting writers it is something I wish to do. Maybe during the summer I will try to sit and write a book but it will be a short story first cause I need to get use to writing. That would be a good way to do it dream about and think about for a day or two. My worries are that I would jump around alot I am really good at doing that.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I love writing too, y'all (I actually just typed "you guys" out of internet habit to hide my true dialect!!! But then I remembered the company I am in!), and this is a great place to be around other people who support writers. I'm ALWAYS writing during my super long lunch breaks -- my stories are kind of BLEH and cheesy young adult novels, but I have so much fun writing them.
clockwork360
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Favorite Book: Angels and Demons
Currently Reading: The visual Investor
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clockwork360.html
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by clockwork360 »

AnnDJ: Well if you jump around it only means that you are excited about the material. A weird trick is this. Lets say you begin writing your story in Word, well you can write the parts out that have jumped and then put a line of asterisks up top highlighting that this is a different part of the story. This in itself can help you write out your story and have it done before you know it. I assume this would be called bridging. Here is another great thing. If you find that the part you had written doesn't fit into the overall story later on (maybe due to a change in direction over time.) You can use it for another story with different characters. People don't realize that many well known authors use this method. I guess when you do it for a living, ideas are ideas and should be thought of as valuable.

-- 17 Sep 2014, 10:52 --

ALynnPowers: Your stories may not be as "Bleh" as you think. If you are writing about it, it is probably due to having a liking stemming from the particular genre that you have already been exposed to. So at some point, someone sold you the idea and you fell in love. Now you are giving your perspective. I'm finding the more and more I write, the freer I feel if that makes sense.
AnnDJ

Post by AnnDJ »

Yea that is a great idea I love it I am going to try it out. I see how it works I am all excited now lol.

ALynnPowers: So what I love YA books lol and I am 26 years old it does not matter. At least your working on you dreams with it I am not at the moment at all. And sometimes my favoritest (lol yes that is my word) books are the cheesy ones there is just something you always love with them.
clockwork360
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Favorite Book: Angels and Demons
Currently Reading: The visual Investor
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clockwork360.html
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by clockwork360 »

From time to time, I would like to know how you guys are coming along so try not to kill this thread. I believe everyone is relatively new here so I will post updates every so often on my book writing and general progression. I'd love to hear from you all as well.
AnnDJ

Post by AnnDJ »

Sounds great
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

AnnDJ wrote:Yea that is a great idea I love it I am going to try it out. I see how it works I am all excited now lol.

ALynnPowers: So what I love YA books lol and I am 26 years old it does not matter. At least your working on you dreams with it I am not at the moment at all. And sometimes my favoritest (lol yes that is my word) books are the cheesy ones there is just something you always love with them.
OMG I love YA books as well!! I'm 31 now, so sometimes I feel like some kind of creeper stalking around with teenagers in the bookstore. The other day I was sitting in a restaurant, and there was a high school couple sitting across from me holding hands across the table. I thought I was going to die from cuteness overload. But that's the kind of thing I write about sometimes; I just love it so much.

Return to “Introductions”