Be gentle

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
webberg
Bookshelf Size: 0

Be gentle

Post by webberg »

New joiner here.

Been reading pretty much solidly since I was 4 or 5. Developed a taste for science fiction in my early teens that has never left me with the consequence that a) I have to force myself to take extended breaks into other genre from time to time and b) have become rather pedantic over the distinction between science fiction and fantasy (no dragons or magical swords in science fiction).

Am a regular commuter to London from the Hampshire countryside so have at least 2 hours a day to read (considerably more when the train operating company decides to become a trains storage company).

Favourite book changes pretty much weekly. I do read Lord of the Rings (fantasy) at least once a year. I also am learning to appreciate The Stand by Stephen King but it has taken 3 readings to get that far.

Looking forward to having my eyes opened.

Return to “Introductions”