Hi readers! New member here!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
FieryAngelRoy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Hi readers! New member here!

Post by FieryAngelRoy »

Hello everyone,

My name is Doug and I am from Victoria, BC, Canada. I have recently reignited my passion for reading. I fell for the trap of other forms media and entertainment that require no effort, those being movies, gaming, television and computer time. Those are all great things but should only be taken in healthy doses. Many times after playing a game for hours I finish the activity with feelings of regret, feeling that I have wasted my time. Never after reading have a felt that way. I am now sticking to a one book a week policy. My main interests are history. I have started The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. It is comprised of six volumes. I am half way through the first volume.

Thanks for reading, feel free to tell me about what you are reading at the moment.

Doug
mikenbel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikenbel.html

Post by mikenbel »

Hello!!! My name is Belinda Rainwater and I actually came across this site because I am wanting to help a friend of mine who wrote a really good book...but I would also like to break out as an author, eventually...have a manuscript that I have done nothing with (fear) and I would like to be a reviewer...I love books!!!
Sciadoe
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sciadoe.html

Post by Sciadoe »

I'm new here and I'm actually really excited to be a part of this. I've loved reading since the day I learned how and the same goes for writing. But as a mother who was going to college full time and holding down a full time job, I lost the opportunity to spend as much time with these hobbies as I wanted to. It's hard to read for pleasure when you are doing it endlessly for school. I recently had another child and am taking a break from college until he gets a bit bigger and so I plan to take full advantage of this time that I'm not working or going to school. I'm going to spend every available minute reading and working on several short stories I have going. I hope I make some new friends here as well. :)

Return to “Introductions”