Hello!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
txgirl88
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-txgirl88.html

Hello!

Post by txgirl88 »

I just wanted to introduce myself! I am a 5th grade math teacher in Texas that has a slight obsession with books!!! I plan on going back to school to get my Masters in Library Science. Even though I teach math, I still read to my students at the beginning of class. I have a passion for any book set during the WWII time period. I have been collecting books for about five years now and have grown my collection to over 200 books. I love any historical fiction, chick lit, murder/mystery, basically any genre. I read on average 2-3 books a week. Reading was instilled in me by my mother and grandmother. I hope to pass the love of reading to my students. I currently am in a book club with fellow teachers at my school that love to read as well. I found this website and figured, why not?!?!?! Anxious to meet like minded people as myself!
crazyreader12
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Tough Customer
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyreader12.html
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by crazyreader12 »

Hi txgirl- I haven't joined a book club and really should look into it. I applaud you being a math teacher- not one of my favorite subjects. I love murder/mystery books myself. Have you read any Patterson books?
txgirl88

Post by txgirl88 »

Hi there! Nice to meet you! Yes, I have read many of Patterson's books. They are all very good. Have you read any of Greg Iles' books? If not, I highly recommend him!
aida12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aida12.html

Post by aida12 »

Hi, Name is Aida and I love to read as well. I found this website and though hey a bit of pocket money by doing something that I love sounds great. I am currently in college and have no idea what to do as a career. I have read book all my life and it good to know that I am not the only one.
txgirl88

Post by txgirl88 »

I don't know what I would do without books! I guess I would be forever bored! What are your interests? I am in my 12th year of teaching...I love my job. But, I feel the library pulling me in. And why not have a career that spreads the love and joy of books?
bluemm0926
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemm0926.html

Post by bluemm0926 »

Hi! I am new here too! I joined hoping to receive new books for free that I might have otherwise not tried. Although, it seems like it may be a little harder to actually get those opportunities than the way it is presented. I am hoping that is not the case!
txgirl88

Post by txgirl88 »

I agree!!! Let's just keep posting and reviewing and see what happens!
runnergirl13-1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runnergirl13-1.html

Post by runnergirl13-1 »

Hi! I'm also new, I don't get I can't figure out how to get books it says i don't have any available books, are any going to become available? I hope someone can explain that to me.
crazyreader12
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Tough Customer
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyreader12.html
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by crazyreader12 »

I haven't read any of his works but will look into it.

Return to “Introductions”