New Member Introduction

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by Gravy »

mthornton2007 wrote:Hi everyone! I just joined the site today. Can't wait for reading suggestions.
What kind of books do you enjoy most?
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
literati_reviews
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by literati_reviews »

Hi Everyone~!

Glad to find this site and so many book lovers here. I just joined and look forward to catching up with all the good reading news. PM, I know what you mean about reading during the commute to work. I use to have about a 1/2 hour each way every day to read on the train and really enjoyed it.

Recently, I've been getting back into settling down with a book--currently I like biographies--after a long period in which my reading was mostly online. There's nothing like a real book in your hands, right?

Like many others on here I'm guessing, I was the kind of kid who would rather keep on reading "Alice in Wonderland" than go to dinner.
han87
Favorite Book: When I find it I will tell you.
Currently Reading: Dune
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-han87.html
Latest Review: "Angel Guides, love communication" by Jan Porter
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by han87 »

New to the forum hello all. I'm a known bookworm with a slight addiction to downloading free books from Bookbub. I also love traditional paperbacks and have successfully encouraged several co-workers to support their local library simply by reading in the break room on my lunch break which makes me ridiculously happy. 8)
Science fiction is my preferred reading fare and my current favorite book in that genre is.. I have too many favorites. I love the wackiness of Year Zero but will read anything John Scalzi writes ever since a friend introduced me to Old Man's War.
Latest Review: "Angel Guides, love communication" by Jan Porter
jankmab
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jankmab.html

Post by jankmab »

Hi, I'm MJ. I read a lot of YA.
love2read4+ever

Post by love2read4+ever »

I'm new here as well. My name is Eric and I love to read. I also enjoy exercising and I love long distance running. I also spend a lot of time with church related activities.
1destiny2014

Post by 1destiny2014 »

yep newbie here too.. having fun so far
Jae101

Post by Jae101 »

Hello! I am new, and pretty excited to get reading again. I used to read a lot in my single days, but since "growing up" (working to pay for rent! Cooking and cleaning my own mess :p) I haven't done as much as I'd like to.
bovaird50A

Post by bovaird50A »

Hi. Decided to give this a go. My "better late than never "resolution to do something for myself for a change and which I know I will enjoy. I am an avid reader. Over the summer holidays I read 63 books in between going on holiday and visiting friends and family. I will give most genres a go but I am a true romantic both classical and modern. I studied the Ancient Classics in both Greek and Roman literature. I was reared on the likes of Austen, Bronte, Dickens, Shakespeare and Fielding as a teenager. Childhood reading consisted of Enid Blyton (and I am not ashamed to admit that!), Spike Milligan and Norman Hunter to name but a few. Clive James was my hero in the "Observer" review page. I will never forget his Wimbledon commentaries! I love Monty Python and all the tongue in cheek comedies. Therefore my humour is warped, satirical / cynical. Hope this is a bit of an insight to who I am.
P and Ink Reviews
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-and-ink-reviews.html

Post by P and Ink Reviews »

Hi everyone! I also just joined this site today and I recently started a book blog and am trying to get into reviewing books regularly.
Jess-anne
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jess-anne.html
Latest Review: The Assignment by Don Chance

Post by Jess-anne »

Hey people! I just joined today, I love to read, but I find myself sticking to the same authors so I'm hoping that by joining this club I can expand my reading choices!
NotWritingForFlowers

Post by NotWritingForFlowers »

I'm a newbie as well. I am so glad I found this site! Just joined yesterday! I was so excited when I found out I could get paid to write reviews on books!
jguthri1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jguthri1.html

Post by jguthri1 »

Hello all! I am new. I stumbled across this forum through a search for paid book reviews. It turns out this is the kind of site I have been looking/ longing for. I am an elementary school librarian, so obviously reading and books are a passion for me. Lately I think I have become addicted to audio books. I like to crochet and being a working mom doesn't leave me a lot of time to sit down with a book very often. Audio books allow me the freedom to clean house, crochet and even fix my hair and make up while I listen. I have listened to probably 15 books in the past 3 months!!
Melindac226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melindac226.html

Post by Melindac226 »

Hi everyone! Joined the site today and look forward to reading others reviews on books I want to try and reviewing some myself.
Alexa35

Post by Alexa35 »

Hi

I am Alexa. Looking forward to the good books the forum has in store.
Amii3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amii3.html

Post by Amii3 »

Hi. I'm new to this site(and to forums). I like to read YA and NA books and any other books that peak my interest.

Return to “Introductions”