Hello from a new member!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Kandisnl
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandisnl.html

Hello from a new member!

Post by Kandisnl »

Hi everyone,
Just joined the community today and I am excited to get started writing reviews! I am a voracious reader and i'll read pretty much anything from teen fiction (I am a supply teacher), to cooking/baking (I own a cupcake business and have a baking blog- The Itty Bitty Bakery), to business books (my husband is a seasoned entrepreneur and trusts me to read business books and take notes for him). Hopefully i'll be able to start reviewing some books for authors soon :)
Deyvion
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deyvion.html

Post by Deyvion »

Kandisnl wrote:Hi everyone,
Just joined the community today and I am excited to get started writing reviews! I am a voracious reader and i'll read pretty much anything from teen fiction (I am a supply teacher), to cooking/baking (I own a cupcake business and have a baking blog- The Itty Bitty Bakery), to business books (my husband is a seasoned entrepreneur and trusts me to read business books and take notes for him). Hopefully i'll be able to start reviewing some books for authors soon :)
Hello and welcome! =)

I just dropped in to say that your post would probably get more views, and be more suited, in the Introductions forum further down the list of forums. =)

Hugs
Kandisnl

Post by Kandisnl »

Oh thank you! I didn't even realize that there was an Introductions forum, I will post there!! :)
TJsSweetHome

Post by TJsSweetHome »

Hey kandisnl! I am new as well. Welcome! Do you have gluten free recipes on your blog? I will have to check it out. Have a great weekend!~TJ
schristensen303
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-schristensen303.html
Latest Review: "Naming the Bane (Nihilian Effect Lore" by Kal S. Davian

Post by schristensen303 »

I, too, am a voracious reader. I read everything, even technical manuals. I can't wait to start reviewing and hope that there are some great books on this website. As I can read a lot of books per month, I want to take advantage of getting paid to review books. :D :D :D
Latest Review: "Naming the Bane (Nihilian Effect Lore" by Kal S. Davian
Kandisnl

Post by Kandisnl »

TJsSweetHome wrote:Hey kandisnl! I am new as well. Welcome! Do you have gluten free recipes on your blog? I will have to check it out. Have a great weekend!~TJ
Funny that you should ask, I will actually be posting a new gluten free recipe this weekend :) It's actually a paleo friendly recipe, but gluten free as well :) would love it if you would check it out and leave a comment!!
phoenixsong

Post by phoenixsong »

Hi,

I'm another new member who can't find the introductions section! Perhaps I'm a bit green :mrgreen: naive as opposed to jealous!!

I love reading and writing and have recently bought a kindle. Since buying it I have read more books by Indie authors than traditional authors and I must say that the ones I've read have largely been superb. In the past I have read many books published traditionally and couldn't for the life of me see what had attracted a publisher to them. They were poorly written with weak, boring storylines and I'd only plodded on with them out of respect for the author's efforts.

What are other people's views on Indie authors? As an Indie author myself I'm very interested to know!

Sherrie
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

A big welcome to y'all!

Have fun!
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
phoenixsong

Post by phoenixsong »

Thanks for the welcome Suzy.
Sherrie Lowe
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Your very welcome Sherrie!

Kandy, i just visited your web-site...i sent you an e-mail from there...
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
immunogoblin

Post by immunogoblin »

Hello, all!
Just a quick intro: long time reader, new to online format book club.
I enjoy sci-fI, fantasy, narratives about girls who kick ass, and occasional sappy romance.
I also write pretty well, and I'm always looking for more opportunities to practice my craft.
SKDisplays

Post by SKDisplays »

Hello Nice to meet you
vettitorres

Post by vettitorres »

Hi I'm also new here... very excited about reading and reviewing some books
AlSedge

Post by AlSedge »

Also new here - looking forward to exploring and contributing to the forum. Have just started out on my writing career thanks to publishing advances online.
I Like easy reading adventures (eg Robert Goddard) and historical novels (big Trollope fan), also anything to do with good health and nutrition, and of course good humour!
liquidprinter

Post by liquidprinter »

Hello,
I am John and i am also a new member. Thanks for all.

Return to “Introductions”