Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?
Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:
1. Usually exaggerated humor
2. Tend to poke fun at a genre or subject (ex. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams is a book that pokes fun at science fiction, Terry Pratchett books poke fun at fantasy elements)
3. This genre is a genre that sets out to evoke a humorous response in the reader
4. Anything that is a satire
1. Same elements of fiction, but is a true story.
2. Frequently told by a comedian or a celebrity, but not required (Yes, Please by Amy Poehler, Bossypants by Tina Fey, Alan Alda's books)
3, Truth may be exaggerated to evoke a laughter response
Example of Titles (fiction and non-fiction)
1. Choose Your Own Autobiography by Neil Patrick Harris
2. Yes, Please! by Amy Poehler
3. Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself by Alan Alda
4. Books by Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams (fiction)
5.Barking Goats and the Redneck Mafia by Dolores Wilson (fiction)
6. Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
7. Shakespeare's comedies like Taming of the Shrew (a personal favorite I'd highly recommend)
For more ideas, visit http://www.findmeanauthor.com/comedy_fiction_genre.htm, https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/humor, or the review forums on onlinebookclub.
I have read Tina Fey's Bossypants before and found it very entertaining. Should be a fun month!
- Lilimaster of Bookshelves
- Posts: 3904
- Joined: 17 Jul 2015, 20:19
- Location: Snuggling with a Book :)
- Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
- Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Currently Reading: Marley & Me
- Bookshelf Size: 397 books
View Reviewer Page
- Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
- 2017 Reading Goal: 140 Books
- Goal Completion: 30%
Product Description wrote:A career criminal with OCD tendencies and a savant-like genius for bringing order to his crime scenes, Martin considers himself one of the best in the biz. After all, he’s been able to steal from the same people for years on end—virtually undetected. Of course, this could also be attributed to his unique business model—he takes only items that will go unnoticed by the homeowner. After all, who in their right mind would miss a roll of toilet paper here, a half-used bottle of maple syrup there, or even a rarely used piece of china buried deep within a dusty cabinet?
Even though he's never met these homeowners, he's spent hours in their houses, looking through their photo albums and reading their journals. In essence, Martin has developed a friendship of sorts with them and as such, he decides to interfere more in their lives—playing the part of a rather odd guardian angel—even though it means breaking many of his twitchy neurotic rules.
Along the way Martin not only improves the lives of others, but he also discovers love and finds that his own life is much better lived on the edge (at least some of the time) in this hilarious, suspenseful and often profound novel about a man used to planning every second of his life, suddenly forced to confront chaos and spontaneity.
I'm hoping I'm able to get to it soon