No Romantic Subplots?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
eatpraywrite
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon No Romantic Subplots?

Post by eatpraywrite »

Hello!!

Does anyone know of any good existing Young Adult novels that do not contain any romantic plots to them? Or at least, none involving the main characters?

Thank you! :-)
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

They are definitely hard to find. There is a series called the Broken City series. I think there is some romance blooming between two of the main characters, but it's really very little and not well developed. I think she's trying to decide in her mind which of two people she likes, but it really is not a focus at all. As of book three, there really have been no romantic scenes. At least something for you to look into.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
eatpraywrite
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by eatpraywrite »

kandscreeley wrote:They are definitely hard to find. There is a series called the Broken City series. I think there is some romance blooming between two of the main characters, but it's really very little and not well developed. I think she's trying to decide in her mind which of two people she likes, but it really is not a focus at all. As of book three, there really have been no romantic scenes. At least something for you to look into.
Oh, that sounds excellent!! Thank you! :)

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”