Any Recommendations?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
ccschmidt
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccschmidt.html

Any Recommendations?

Post by ccschmidt »

I don't really even know where to start when it comes to describing my taste in books. I love pretty much every well-written, interesting book! I've read tons of books on European, especially British, history (both nonfiction and historical fiction, with a particular focus on the medieval period and on royalty). I would love to read more about these countries and their histories (especially their royal families). I also greatly enjoy literary fiction in general. Examples of authors I like include Isabel Allende, Elizabeth Kostova, Caleb Carr (okay, so I've only read "The Alienist" from him, but I LOVED it!), Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Alison Weir, Elizabeth Strout, etc. I do occasionally read some fantasy books, like Gregory Maguire's "Wicked" and "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister". I love a good action story once in a while as well, like the Jason Bourne trilogy by Robert Ludlum. I enjoy a good nonfiction sports book like Moneyball, and I read Freakonomics and its sequel in one sitting apiece. Basically, I read a lot of miscellaneous nonfiction on any topic that sounds intriguing. I even like some books/series aimed at young adults, although I don't read them very often. For example, I absolutely devoured the Flavia de Luce series by Alan Bradley and nearly cried reading Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska, both by John Green (so quotable, so relatable!). I don't regularly read romance or science fiction, but I'm open to both if something is just really well done (like when I read all of the Ender's Game books a few years back and loved them). Basically, I'll read anything that isn't trashy or dull. (Yup, I made you go through that entire spiel just to sum it up in one short sentence, sorry!)
Bad Macaw
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bad-macaw.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Bad Macaw »

Hello,

You mention Isabel Allende (I loved the House of the spirits, not the others, though) and Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Why don't you try Gabriel Garcia Marquez? If you like magical realism, he's the best one! I have LOVED every one of his books, but Love in time of Cholera and One Hundred Years of Solitude are his masterpieces.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Arun Bhardwaj
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arun-bhardwaj.html

Post by Arun Bhardwaj »

If you love romance, I prefer you to read 'half girlfriend' by chetan bhagat. Soon bollywood is releasing movie on this story.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”