Poetry online (recommendations needed)

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
fabulasaule
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulasaule.html

Poetry online (recommendations needed)

Post by fabulasaule »

I enjoy reading poetry. I would love to get some recommendations of bogs or websites where I could read poetry online. I would prefer blogs of one single author. I like smart, provocing, modern poetry.
Christina O Phillips
Currently Reading: Oz
Bookshelf Size: 1326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-o-phillips.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Christina O Phillips »

Right now I am following Napowrimo.net
Since it is April every day this month they post about a different poet and give you a writing prompt.
When it's not April, I follow Poetic Asides (http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides) because it's all about poetry, poets, and prompts.
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

You could search one of my favorite poets - Nayyirah Waheed.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
Zoey
Currently Reading: Sharing Jesus
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-modern-moses.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by Zoey »

If you are truly interested in reading poetry online, my suggestion to you is to join allpoetry.com

It allows you to read poems from new and aspiring poets, everyday people, and even popular authors! The site is free to join, with the exception of non-mandatory membership purchase. I would suggest remaining free, as you get everything you would need to read the poems. However, if you yourself are a poet I would suggest going pro. You can do everything on the free account, but you have to judge others poetry to post your own.

And now we are at the feedback. The poets would love to have your opinion! It is not mandatory to post comments whn you read, but they would love to hear what you have to say!

And if you do write poetry or short stories, there are multiple groups on the website. You can join these groups and have sort of... 'mentors' per say. The group works together to improve each member as a writer. Depending on the group instructor, you will have small tasks. After entering the tasks and sending them to the instructor, they will give you feed back and tell you what you can do to improve. They also have reading/writing related courses like English classes for those wishing to better speak the language. All of these classes are free of charge. No diploma or anything, but they are 100% worth the effort :)

I hope this helps! Good luck and happy reading!
Never judge a book by its movie.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”