Please, suggestions for books set during Fall/Autumn

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Please, suggestions for books set during Fall/Autumn

Post by booklvr62 »

I L-O-V-E, L-O-V-E, L-O-V-E, fall/autumn I am hoping that some here can suggest some wonderful reads with fall/autumn settings besides just Halloween,though I enjoy those as well.

All I can think of are two I have read several times, the wonderful ~ Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury, and his Dandelion Wine.

Books that do not involve a psycho-ex, or a serial killer in the story?
DON'T want torture, unnecessary gore, dismemberment details!

I would love some more in any genre except erotica...as I do prefer 'clean' reads, but not full of god-talk/religious proselytizing.
So any that you remember reading where the fall season was a major element, please share. :D
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

Hmm, when fall/winter comes my tastes tend to shift slightly and I get a little more into historical fiction than I otherwise would be, but I can't think of a book that has fall almost as a character in itself. I'm interested to see other suggestions for this.
littleberry
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littleberry.html

Post by littleberry »

First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen comes to mind. It is full of whimsy and fall plays a big part in the setting. It is a sequel to Garden Spells, although I know people who have read it without reading the first book.
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

booklvr62 wrote: 30 Aug 2016, 06:10 I L-O-V-E, L-O-V-E, L-O-V-E, fall/autumn I am hoping that some here can suggest some wonderful reads with fall/autumn settings besides just Halloween,though I enjoy those as well.

All I can think of are two I have read several times, the wonderful ~ Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury, and his Dandelion Wine.

Books that do not involve a psycho-ex, or a serial killer in the story?
DON'T want torture, unnecessary gore, dismemberment details!

I would love some more in any genre except erotica...as I do prefer 'clean' reads, but not full of god-talk/religious proselytizing.
So any that you remember reading where the fall season was a major element, please share. :D
I am a big Ray Bradbury fan and have read Dandelion Wine and Something Wicked this Way Comes so many times! Both invoke an autumn, innocently spooky feeling!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”