Do you follow any television shows?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Gjacks
Favorite Author: Walt Whitman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gjacks.html
Reading Device: B00DVFLJDS
fav_author_id: 4925

Re: Do you follow any television shows?

Post by Gjacks »

I have this strange habit of falling in and out of shows every couple of weeks. Sometimes, I just get bored or busy and end up rewatching a movie or just picking a book to read instead. BUT I often prefer UK shows like Sherlock, Crazyhead, Crashing, Emmerdale etc. And I also love Jane The Virgin, Rosewood, Queen of The South and Brooklyn Nine-Nine^_^
Jmo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jmo »

I definitely loose track of shows but I have just finished watching the first series of Dirk Gently on Netflix. great twisted story line and well casted characters. Brilliant if you can suspend disbelief until pretty much the last minuet of the series!
Erik
Currently Reading: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Erik »

I'm not a big television watcher... I don't mind the odd documentary, if it is well done, but I suppose I consider telly reserved for times when I'm stuck in hospital.
Bandersnatch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20562">The Hero of Ages</a>
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bandersnatch.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by Bandersnatch »

I watch a lot of Tv shows, like Game of Thrones, Orphan Black, Sense8, Mr Robot, Stranger Things, Pushing Daisies (Rip :( ended way too soon), but right now I'm totally obsessed with Westworld. It's brilliant how every little piece of the puzzle fits perfectly, and the funny thing is, me and my sister were sort of following the forums on Reddit and it's amazing how many things some of the fans predicted.
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
Micheal mathew

Post by Micheal mathew »

There are so many ,I love sherlock, mentalist ,top gear there are many more.
Retro61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-retro61.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Retro61 »

I like so many TV shows. Anything out of the ordinary and I'm intrigued. At the moment, it is GAME OF THRONES and THE VIKINGS TV shows. Of course, there are lots of others too. :D
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

my favorite shows I follow on a weekly basis is Blindspot, Scorpion and Chicago Med.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I love Gilmore Girls, Bewitched, The Big Bang Theory, and 2 Broke Girls. Gilmore Girls is my favorite.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
cjohns105
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjohns105.html
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali

Post by cjohns105 »

The IT Crowd!!!! That show is the best.

Back in the day I was also hooked on the TV series Charmed. I loved Glee the first two or so seasons. I really love The West Wing. Nowadays though I have transitioned to international fare. I enjoy watching various Japanese, Chinese, and Korean comedies and dramas. It is interesting to observe cultural differences between the three, and also the differences between what each country considers mandatory for the genre. Also, since I have some knowledge of Mandarin I enjoy the Chinese series especially.
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali
jlindquist
Currently Reading: Golden Son
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlindquist.html

Post by jlindquist »

Penny Dreadful on Netflix. I don't usually follow shows, but because of the mix of literary characters and it being set in 19th century London, this one caught my attention. After watching the first show I was hooked on the intertwining stories, gothic style plot and creativity of the monsters that these literary characters fight. All the while they are battling their inner demons, literally.

cj! I also love the IT Crowd...in fact it's on my television right now. "Hello? Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
DavidB52

Post by DavidB52 »

I resisted for a long time, but too many people recommended "Game of Thrones."

So I finally broke down and started watching the series from Season 1.
Now I am addicted, and am working my way through the rest of the seasons, in order.
Zeiyuka
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =4008">The Hobbit</a>
Currently Reading: Zodiac
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Zeiyuka »

I'm following Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Gotham, Supernatural and I really have been itching to watch Game of Thrones. People have been pushing me to watch it. I'll have to give it a go pretty soon! :D
Mark Johnson
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-johnson.html
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner

Post by Mark Johnson »

Follow Game of Thrones, it's been a long wait for season seven. Also follow Westworld, and Vinyl. Does the NFL count? Definitely follow the NFL. Just binged watched The Black Mirror last few weeks. Not really following it per say, but loved The Black Mirror.
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner
lwelch819500
Currently Reading: The Royal Secret
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lwelch819500.html
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter

Post by lwelch819500 »

I don't really watch many TV shows during primetime, I like old shows from when I was kid such as Full House, Roseanne, I also like watching Netflix as well and the HBO on demand from my cable
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter
Truman

Post by Truman »

cjohns105 wrote:The IT Crowd!!!! That show is the best..
Agree! I also recommend Stranger Things and Bojack Horseman. I enjoyed the first few seasons of Shameless but it lost me :|

Return to “Films and Books”