What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Kayley
Currently Reading: The Stranger Beside Me
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayley.html
Reading Device: B00EM3WGYY

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Kayley »

Last movie I watched in cinema was Split and honestly quite disappointed. Not at all what I was expecting. Last move watched on Netflix was Colonia (based on a true story) and I HIGHLY recommend. I give Split 6/10 while Colonia 10/10
kstockard
Currently Reading: The World at Night
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kstockard.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by kstockard »

I just saw Hidden Figures and I absolutely loved it. On a scale of 4, I would give it a 4.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

The Prisoner of Zenda. It truly is a classic! 10 out of 10!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
[CA]
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ca.html
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch

Post by [CA] »

Hidden Figures

5/5
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch
Hajra Salim
Currently Reading: Goosebumps- Say Cheese and Die
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hajra-salim.html

Post by Hajra Salim »

I saw "Miss Peregrine Home for Peculiar Child". It was so amazing. Miss Peregine Home for Peculiar Child was such a thought provoking and interest developing movie. It was full of magic,mystery and fantasy. It is a must watch movie for all those creative people out there and the one's who are interested in love and fantasy
L Bucher
Currently Reading: King's Cage
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-bucher.html

Post by L Bucher »

The Great Wall. I rate it an 8 out of 10.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Last nigh by accident I found myself watching My Old Lady .... Maggie Smith & Kristin Scott Thomas two of my favourite actors. I loved it & went to bed with a smile on my face.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Truman

Post by Truman »

La La Land...loved it, I don't think it's possible to leave the theater in a bad mood! I'd read some criticism of Emma Stone's singing, but I thought it worked well. And like always, she and Ryan had great chemistry. I will definitely watch again!

And Kayley, I was disappointed with Split as well. I thought the main actors did fine, but what a let down!
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

The last movie I saw was "the shawshank redemption ". it's just amazing. Absolute classic. I loved it.I will give it a 9.5 on 10
Sunia_Mukherjee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunia-mukherjee.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Sunia_Mukherjee »

Hi Friends, I recently watched ''Befikre'' a Hindi movie by Vani Kapoor and Ranvir Singh. Great work I must say. I would rate it 4.5 out of 5. :D
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

The Pride and The Passion

This is an old movie (1957) that I last saw and thoroughly enjoyed when I was a child. I just found it at the library the other day. It concerns the movement of an enormously huge cannon during the Spanish resistance to the French during the Napoleonic Wars. The purpose of the cannon is to create an opening in the walls surrounding the city of Avila so an army comprised of average people (peasants) of Spain, women as well as men, can invade and take back the city.

It is also the story of a clash of wills between two men. One is the leader of the guerrillas (played by Frank Sinatra) who wants to take Avila, and the other is a British naval officer (Cary Grant) who wants to evacuate the gun to England. The naval officer needs the guerrilla leader's mass of people and horses to help him move the gun to the coast and the guerrilla leader, who is not a military man, needs the naval officer to show him how to free the gun which is mired in a gully, transport the gun, and show him the proper way to aim and fire the gun. Though they hate each other they find that they must cooperate to achieve their respective goals. Add to this that the two men are also in love with the same woman portrayed by Sofia Loren (trust me, it works).

This was never a highly rated movie, but I liked it; furthermore, I believe if it had been written as a novel it would have been a best seller. I feel confident in recommending this movie to those who like a good story.

It has a somewhat sad, but beautifully written ending.

/
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Kyle Connor

Post by Kyle Connor »

La La Land 4.5/5
Sanderson Blue

Post by Sanderson Blue »

I watched Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Childrenthis with my kids last night and really enjoyed it. We hadn't read the book first, which I would have preferred, but it was beautifully shot and we did get into the adventure. I loved the costumes, especially the blue dress that Emma wears throughout the movie and wish I could get it for my daughters. I think they could have had a more diverse cast. 8.5
rohitsaha1299

Post by rohitsaha1299 »

Jolly LLB 2 it was justa great movie about Indian law
Boyko Ovcharov
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Boyko Ovcharov
Favorite Book: The Proximity of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1416
fav_author_id: 33385

Post by Boyko Ovcharov »

I'd also go along with Sherlock Holmes, but I don't think the author would mind after all. He might even enjoy it!
10/10 of course.

Return to “Films and Books”