BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Re: BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

I would love to see the Mistborn Trilogy come to the big screen. Brandon Sanderson had sold the rights to a production company but those have since expired. Seeing the world that Sanderson created brought to life on the big screen with the Lord Ruler and the Steel Inquisitors would be phenomenal. Also, seeing the Kelsier and Vin battling and burning ingested metals to attain special powers would be a fantasy-lovers dream.
dovilearlikeviciute
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dovilearlikeviciute.html

Post by dovilearlikeviciute »

As I was teen, I read Hush Hush series. Those books were much more interesting than Twilight, but somehow nobady made them into a movie. It is sad, because the plot was much more interesting and the book itself was better than the old boring vampire series.
csydc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by csydc »

Would absolutely love to see a movie of The Long Walk by Stephen King under the Richard Bachman pseudonym- not sure if it would be a good movie, but I am incredibly interested in the book :mrgreen:
MsWright2016
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mswright2016.html

Post by MsWright2016 »

The book series that I would live to see become a drama TV series is the fantasy book series, The Scribe, The Singer, The Secret by Eluzabeth Hunter. I would also like to see all the Amish of Lancaster County in a TV drama series, and Barbara Breton, Somewhere in Time series, as well as, Lauren Berenson, Underdog book series.
miss_roundy
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-roundy.html
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by miss_roundy »

I would love to watch some of J.D.Robb in death series...hopefully as movie series
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
thereadingsloth
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thereadingsloth.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by thereadingsloth »

I am anxiously waiting for Red Queen! I've read that it is being produced, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will come out
message4michelle
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-message4michelle.html

Post by message4michelle »

Lois Lowry's The Giver is one of my all-time favorite books. I was so excited when it came to screen. But I've still not seen it! Since joining the amazing world of motherhood, just over 6 years ago, I have been unable to stay awake through an entire movie. Going to the theater is a very expensive nap.
atina_abd
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atina-abd.html

Post by atina_abd »

The Red Queen series is the top on my list but I know if it sucks I'm gonna end up crying for days. The Young Elite series is also a big potential.
The Selection series is third on my wishlist. But considering the way this book is, the movie is probably going to be misinterpreted into some lame 'just another princess' kind of movie. But I still have my hopes high :D
majabambino
Currently Reading: Essential History
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-majabambino.html

Post by majabambino »

It's not exactly a book, but a webcomic series. It's called God of Bath by Ilkwon Ha. It was supposed to have a film adaptation but it was cancelled.

To be honest, all of Ilkwon Ha's works are amazing. His comics really make you think - even God of Bath, yes, which has a hilarious main character. I remember bawling my eyes out when I got to the final panel. I really hope they make a film adaptation of this or even a series. It's definitely worth reading - but since a lot of people don't read, then I hope this story would reach many people through film.
1337gollum
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1337gollum.html

Post by 1337gollum »

I have always wanted Infinite Jest to be a movie. I know that there's a movie about Wallace, but I think some sort of mind bending film adaptation would be nice. Obviously, it would have to be long, but I reckon it could be done artistically well. I think that the end notes could be added in as cryptic messages or transitions. I like the idea of a cinematic adaptation because of how ironically meta it would be(relating to film theory, etc).
Elizabethmichal
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabethmichal.html

Post by Elizabethmichal »

Forever waiting for :
The Selection Series
13 Reasons Why
ANY Sarah dessen books
private by kate brian
Anne Kathrin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anne-kathrin.html

Post by Anne Kathrin »

I would love to see an accurate adaptation of the Magician's Nephew!

-- 03 Jan 2017, 17:34 --

Really any of the Narnia books that haven't hit the screen yet.
KNewton
Favorite Author: Not possible to list
Favorite Book: Not possible to list
Currently Reading: A Bone To Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knewton.html

Post by KNewton »

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire or Easy by Tammara Webber would be fantastic movies!
[*]How Fear of the Unknown Hinders the Development of Informed Decisions by Dr. Seuss[*][/color]
JJones123
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjones123.html

Post by JJones123 »

The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
Ruxia
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruxia.html

Post by Ruxia »

The Name of the Wind. It's one of the best fantasy books I've read and I feel like it's make an excellent film. The main characters all have distinguished personalities and the world building is amazing.

Return to “Films and Books”