The Hunger Games Series

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
PaolaRubi_H2002
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paolarubi-h2002.html

Re: The Hunger Games Series

Post by PaolaRubi_H2002 »

I'm super late to the party but i just want to share my thoughts on the series. I watched the movies first and read the books after. First of all because I didn't know there were any books (opss) and i didn't speak English yet either. I feel like i couldn't really enjoy the books as much as I wanted to but i still loved them.
Shawneg75_
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shawneg75.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Shawneg75_ »

I loved the Hunger Games series. I devoured each book, reading every free minute and staying up late.
Now as for the movies, well the books are always better. Don't get me wrong. The movies are entertaining but my imagination is so much better.
Lex Peralta
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lex-peralta.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lex Peralta »

I like The Hunger Games series in general, but i had troubles with the third book, it was hard to me read that book, i didn't feel it. The first book is way to far my fav book of the serie, al the story in this book it was awesome i was engaged to the serie for the movie, because i watched the first movie before reading the books, and of course i prefer books than movies
coffee-addict

Post by coffee-addict »

The books are very easy to get caught up in... very easy to read them quickly!
epah15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-epah15.html

Post by epah15 »

I watched the movie.
But it lack of sth.
I break my pattern for this particular movie.
I usually read the book first then watch the movie.
But for this one, I have not finifhed the book yet.
I'm not pleased with the movie though
Ethan Stark

Post by Ethan Stark »

Simply, many over the age of 18 read these books and loved them, and it wasn't because there was a girl, a boy, and another boy in a love story. It was about an awful political system where children faced to the death for their survival with awful paragraphs of cruel brutality. This is part of what made the book unique. The movie, was an attempt to draw a crowd like Twilight for money, and completely blurred out children killing each other to survive so that it could be made PG13. Ridiculous. Jennifer Lawerence is an AWESOME actress though, and she did a great job. Throughout the movie I was never convinced that she lived in district 12 nearly starving... or that Peeta was dying in the hunger games.. it was all very pretty and not anything like I imagined they would do with it. Oh well, maybe they'll remake a rated R version some day that adequately portrays the books theme.

Ethan Stark
tokyo_eatsbooks
Currently Reading: El arte de desaprender
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tokyo-eatsbooks.html

Post by tokyo_eatsbooks »

I find the movies absolutely wonderful; In fact, I agree with some trends saying that it is a metaphore of what we are actually living today as humans. What are your thoughts on this?
creativemistif1987
Currently Reading: Melhara
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creativemistif1987.html

Post by creativemistif1987 »

i have not done either but i think I will watch the films first .. once i find out what order theryre supposed to be in haha .. i have found them on neftlix
James Craft
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: Carnivore
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-craft.html
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by James Craft »

Debbietx42 wrote:Ok I know I'm late to the party but when I seen this forum I had to share my thoughts. I read all of The Hunger Games books right before the 1st movie came out an let me say I absolutely loved them! So when I heard about the movie coming out I couldn't wait. Well I should have I was so disappointed it was nothing like the book. I felt they left out key parts an glossed over others. Needless to say I have not seen an will not see any of the rest.
Yeah, they messed a lot of up, but in general I think they also improved on the books. They were incredibly weak at points, especially the third book. I think a lot of people agreed with you, though, because the final Hunger Games movie crashed and burned and practically went straight to dvd.
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
Ashna Chand

Post by Ashna Chand »

I agree with film having more difficulties creating exactly what we pictured and expected. Having the physical novel to read from and refer to, we miss less of the important details or can easily back track for those, "eureka!" Moments. The novels were exceptional and well paced with wonderful detail. Characters were created so well, we fell in love and cried when Finn died, or her sister. Yet, having those two strong characters just suddenly no longer appear, was incredibly accurate to reality. It just ends. The movies were well done with the graphics and sounds and colours but they just can't capture every thought that passes through a character's mind. To me, that's what makes a story so fascinating.
twinkle jain
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by twinkle jain »

I'm late but yes the hunger games is a game changer in dystopian genre and I believe it will remain to be the greatest dystopian written and made into a major motion picture.
Jamita71

Post by Jamita71 »

I have only seen the movies but I would love to read the books and I hope to do so soon.
Elanor17

Post by Elanor17 »

I really enjoyed reading the books and watching the movies. Granted I enjoyed the book series more so then the movies, but I always seem to enjoy the books more then the movies. I loved reading it because of the drama and action. I couldn't stop reading it. When I was done with the first book I immediately wanted the second book good thing I had bought it already. So, if you haven't read it you really should it's a page turner.
chloeisfox
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chloeisfox.html

Post by chloeisfox »

I really enjoyed reading the books, but I haven't watched all of the movies. I'm currently missing the last two and I don't feel any rush to watch them. The movies left me wanting more in the past so although I'm sure I'll watch the last two some day I doubt it will be any time soon.
EscapeAdventure

Post by EscapeAdventure »

Escape Adventure is a perfect activity for Date Nights, Holiday Party, Proposals, Birthdays Party, Anniversaries, Bachelor/Bachelor Parties, Corporate Team Building Events and anyone else looking for something fun to do. It is an excellent alternative to the same old “Movie Night”.

Return to “Films and Books”