Book to Movie: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Katt_04
Bookshelf Size: 0

Book to Movie: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Post by Katt_04 »

First of all. Have anyone read the book? What's your opinion? Is it alright for you if the story will be on screen?
Because I am looking forward for this book to become a movie. Haha. It has that Hunger Games feels in it.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Look here:

Red Queen
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
romantics
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Frannie and Tru</a>
Currently Reading: Brave New World
Bookshelf Size: 405
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romantics.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by romantics »

I really liked the book but this book has mixed reviews. You may be one of the ones who really like the novel or one of the people who don't really like it that much. I didn't know that they were making a movie on this book but I'm really looking froward to seeing it!
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
thereadingsloth
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thereadingsloth.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by thereadingsloth »

Katt_04 wrote:First of all. Have anyone read the book? What's your opinion? Is it alright for you if the story will be on screen?
Because I am looking forward for this book to become a movie. Haha. It has that Hunger Games feels in it.

I am just finishing Glass Sword, and I love this series! I am really looking forward to seeing the movie! I wonder who the actors will be! Who would you like to see play Mare or Cal! I have a very nice image of Cal haha
beyonzeh
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beyonzeh.html

Post by beyonzeh »

I have read the book and it was amazing though I hardly found any original piece in it. But the combined "pieces" of it that were derived from other young-adult books were amazing, nonetheless. For me, it is okay for it to be on the big screen. Im actually looking forward to it and I think it's going to be great!
ItsABeautifulDay

Post by ItsABeautifulDay »

I'm late to this party but think this is another series that has to the potential to bring additional attention to the books by becoming a movie series. I agree with the Hunger Games feels and enjoyed the story.
FearStreetZombie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearstreetzombie.html

Post by FearStreetZombie »

Red Queen has been on my TBR list for so long now. But I can't seem to ever get my hands on it. I am so far behind. :(
Mollymae
Currently Reading: Beartown
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollymae.html
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mollymae »

I truly loved the book but I'm not so sure it can be made into a movie without losing some quality. We shall see though!
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

romantics wrote:I really liked the book but this book has mixed reviews. You may be one of the ones who really like the novel or one of the people who don't really like it that much. I didn't know that they were making a movie on this book but I'm really looking froward to seeing it!
The movie does seem interesting. I don't know much about this one, but it looks worthwhile and could be good.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

This entire series is great and I would love to see it become a movie or even a series of movies. Usually the books are better than the movie version, but I think it would be something worth watching.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I haven't read the book yet but I keep hearing about it and I keep seeing it everywhere I go...which is usually places that sell books.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
lilytepait
Currently Reading: A Haunted Murder (A Lin Coffin Mystery Book 1
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by lilytepait »

I love the book, I think it's not good to be a movie, I'm contended with my imaginations. sometimes movies ruin it.
Read the series of "Throne of Glass", it has the same vibe.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I have yet to read Red Queen but I've heard many good things about it. I'd like to see a movie adaptation for it someday, after I read the book that is. :P
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

I disliked Mare as a main character, but the premise of the world is so good! If a movie is shot, I'd bet that the powers (and the assassinations scene!) would look gorgeous on screen, and I hope it focuses more on political intrigue!
samia_101

Post by samia_101 »

This book and Thrones Of Glass are one of my favourite books because of how the plots turn. And how strong the characters are and the fiction in the olden times also magic I just love it! Totally recommend this book!!

Return to “Films and Books”