What is your all-time favourite anime?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
that_one_nerd_anna
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is your all-time favourite anime?

Post by that_one_nerd_anna »

Either Your Lie in April, or Ouran High School Host Club. Very different tones but I love them both!
Micheal mathew

Post by Micheal mathew »

I am a huge fan of anime I think mine would be Naruto and dragon ball z.I have watched the entire Naruto there is just no words to explain how brilliant the plot is and how cool powers each has.
WCLymanIII

Post by WCLymanIII »

Naruto. The original series and Shippuden. But only dubbed which means I haven't finished it yet. XXHolic was really good. Inuyasha was awesome. And though it isn't Japanese, I really liked The Last Airbender which was done in a similar style. In fact, its what got me into actively searching for new anime. Deathnote and Fullmetal Alchemist are also really good. My fiance really enjoys One Piece.
Julie Ditton
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 031">Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2</a>
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 792
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-ditton.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Julie Ditton »

At 59, I am proof that one is never too old for anime, manga or cosplay.

When my kids were little, I would watch what they were watching. So, I am familiar with early Pokemon and Yugio(original series ). I actually enjoyed Airbender and Kora. ( And yes, despite the fact that they were Nickelodeon, I do count them as anime. )

3 years ago my then 13 yr old daughter dragged us to a pop culture convention in town. I was awed by the cosplay. I didn't want to spend the next yr saying " what show is that? " So they started schooling me on anime.

She started me on Shojo with Oran Host Club, Nana, and my favorite "The Story of Siangoku." My son got me hooked on Shoen: Naruto and Fairy Tail. I didn't care for Bleach or Yu Yu Hakashu. I loved Death note. (You will find the whole manga series on my bookshelf).
"Oh honestly, don't you two read?"

-Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer 's Stone
by J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
needmoresleep
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-needmoresleep.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by needmoresleep »

Jjnessie 33 wrote:I'm not a big fan of anime but I do like death note. I love tv and movies that make you think a lot.
I recently rewatched Death Note and DEF one of my favorite anime!! Love the manga, the light novel, and the movies are ok, not a huge fan of the recent drama since it's completely different to the original death note (from what i saw in ep 1, could not continue watching :/)

-- 08 Jan 2017, 21:14 --
lucymn11 wrote:LITRALLY ALL OF THEM :) but if I had to choose, I would say Tokyo Ghoul.
I got really into Tokyo Ghoul when it first aired, so much that I couldn't wait for the next episode and ended up reading the manga to sate my thirst, still following it! Though will say it's been a bit slow for me recently, so many characters that come and go x"D

-- 08 Jan 2017, 21:15 --
SkipperGH wrote:Easy one. Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Erased)
REALLY LIKE ERASED.
though the ending was pretty anticlimactic, Lol

-- 08 Jan 2017, 21:17 --
rovet wrote:I don't watch a ton of anime, but I have to say that I absolutely love the movie Spirited Away. It is such a soulful coming-of-age movie and I love all the fantastical elements, with the spirits and the dragon.
I haven't really watched many of Miyazaki's movies but Spirited Away will probably be my top Miyazaki movie no matter what. I watched this when I was growing up and since then I've rewatched it dozens of times, really love it!

Kiki's Delivery Service is another favorite Miyazaki movie :D

-- 08 Jan 2017, 21:18 --
alem0007 wrote:It's Inuyasha for me!!!!!! All time favorite!!!!!! :oops:
That's really awesome!!! Inuyasha was my gateway anime and the first show I knew to be anime so it's got a soft spot in my heart :"D

Super glad there's people who like it!!

-- 08 Jan 2017, 21:21 --
Julie Ditton wrote:At 59, I am proof that one is never too old for anime, manga or cosplay.

When my kids were little, I would watch what they were watching. So, I am familiar with early Pokemon and Yugio(original series ). I actually enjoyed Airbender and Kora. ( And yes, despite the fact that they were Nickelodeon, I do count them as anime. )

3 years ago my then 13 yr old daughter dragged us to a pop culture convention in town. I was awed by the cosplay. I didn't want to spend the next yr saying " what show is that? " So they started schooling me on anime.

She started me on Shojo with Oran Host Club, Nana, and my favorite "The Story of Siangoku." My son got me hooked on Shoen: Naruto and Fairy Tail. I didn't care for Bleach or Yu Yu Hakashu. I loved Death note. (You will find the whole manga series on my bookshelf).
THATS SO AWESOME!
I've tried to get my mom to watch at least a movie or two with me but she doesn't care much for anything cartoons (unless it's Disney, she likes Disney movies)

-- 08 Jan 2017, 21:24 --

I don't think I have an all-time fav anime (such is the life of an anime fan)

But some series I really enjoyed
-death note (practically everything)
-darker than black (manga, not the anime)
-skip beat (both!)
-erased
-samurai champloo
-beyond the boundary
-yuri on ice
-haikyuu
-ace of diamond
-GATE

and really the list goes ON AND ON AND ON :D
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
green4O
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-green4o.html

Post by green4O »

I love anime!!! :dance:
My faves so far are One Punch Man, FMA: Brotherhood, Prison School, My love Story, Hunter x Hunter and some others I can't think right now.

I also love watching anime movies. I love Tokyo Godfathers, Perfect Blue, Wolf Children among others. :D

Anime is a LOT OF FUN!
Jovanna29

Post by Jovanna29 »

My favorite anime is FLCL (Fooly Cooly) its the most abstract show I've ever seen in my life. Its only six episodes but It's worth the watch. It really makes you think.
TamaraO

Post by TamaraO »

At the moment my favourite is Durarara, as I've been hooked on it since the first episode I watched. It offers a great variety of complex characters and interesting storylines, so what more could anyone want?
cjohns105
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjohns105.html
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali

Post by cjohns105 »

There are a lot of good anime out there. Sword Art Online is still one that I find very fun to watch. I am absolutely riveted to Tokyo Ghoul (I'm even reading the manga now). Angel Beats and Charlotte are both by the same creator, music producer, and all those guys, and they are both very good. Ajin on Netflix is excellent. I love the artwork in Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign. And anyone who hasn't given in to the hype surrounding Yuri on Ice should give up and submit because it is hilarious. I also own all of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. I think my favorite, just because of all the emotions I had to suffer through while watching, is an anime called Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. I have never cried so much in my life, as I did during that darn show. Stupid thing still makes me cry. I'm crying right now just thinking about it. :cry:
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali
mewsmash
Currently Reading: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mewsmash.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by mewsmash »

Death Note was very intense for me, and I believe it was very well done and had a great plot.
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

I just recently got really into anime. I haven't watched that much, but most of what I have watched consist of S.A.V.E. packs. My favorite is probably my first ever anime, which was Fullmetal Alchemist. I prefer Brotherhood but the original has a special place in my heart. Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are pretty amazing too.
Zeiyuka
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =4008">The Hobbit</a>
Currently Reading: Zodiac
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Zeiyuka »

I've come to the right place!

I'm a HUGE anime fan. My favorites tend to be Noragami, Log Horizon, Ouran High School Host Club, Naruto, Attack on Titan, Pokemon (But not the new one, sadly...)

Ah... Why does my mind always go blank when I'm trying to list Anime or Manga? Ugh... I watch way too much.
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

Death Note! But then again, it's the only anime I've watched to completion, so it HAS to be my favorite anime.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Crayola
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crayola.html

Post by Crayola »

I don't typically watch anime, but I do enjoy Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix.
ashpop2110

Post by ashpop2110 »

My all time favourite anime is pokemon.I have watched almost all of its season along with the movies.

Return to “Films and Books”