The last best sci-fi I saw.

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Renee24
Currently Reading: The Heist
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee24.html

Re: The last best sci-fi I saw.

Post by Renee24 »

ah great, thanks!I usually like reading books before the tv/movie, otherwise I get confused. lol
Infidel
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-infidel.html
Reading Device: B01BFIAY9C

Post by Infidel »

That reminds me, The Expanse was adapted from a book series, and the first one is called Leviathan Wakes. Perhaps your library has a copy!
Renee24
Currently Reading: The Heist
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee24.html

Post by Renee24 »

oh cool, thanks! This is why I like this website forums, you get to find more books to read. hehe
Boyko Ovcharov
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Boyko Ovcharov
Favorite Book: The Proximity of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1416
fav_author_id: 33385

Post by Boyko Ovcharov »

The Green Lantern springs to mind. A really good one with a message.
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

Rohit Dhanraj wrote:The name of movie is "Interstellar".The starting was slow but it got in pace and have a higly intellectual story about time
treated as dimension.Director: Christopher Nolan is my favourite as I love most of his movie.The point when
they are in space and in fraction of time they get ahead of earth by 22 years and daughter of the lead actor become adult
is emotional. It all happen in fraction of time.I recommend all of you to watch this movie.
Interstellar is really good, and I bet most people here saw it. It was hugely popular.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

I have watched a lot of SCI-FI movies but for me Matrix trilogy is heads and shoulders above the rest. They set the bar.
fidelarmus
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by fidelarmus »

Rohit Dhanraj wrote:The name of movie is "Interstellar".The starting was slow but it got in pace and have a higly intellectual story about time
treated as dimension.Director: Christopher Nolan is my favourite as I love most of his movie.The point when
they are in space and in fraction of time they get ahead of earth by 22 years and daughter of the lead actor become adult
is emotional. It all happen in fraction of time.I recommend all of you to watch this movie.
How was Ender's awaited debut onto the silver screen? Told peer about the book venue and they gave good cheer. Seems like they'll desire to see it at some point. Motive mainly geared toward Biblically symbolic viewpoint. Have much esteem brought forth from movie scripts since they often aid with one's penned dialogue exchange.
aldith
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aldith »

Interstellar
BookishBookkeeping
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishbookkeeping.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by BookishBookkeeping »

The Martian is the most recent one but there is Interstellar :D , Transcendence :D , Lucy :D , The Hobbit :D all three, The Hunger Games :D all four, The Giver :D , way to many to narrow down. The best part isn't the tech but the worldviews and future presumptions. Mankind is so entertaining when we try to depict what a future could be or try and erase the past.
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
LKCooper
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Breaking Sandcastles</a>
Currently Reading: Sherlock Holmes Detective Agency
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by LKCooper »

Just saw Alien Covenant this weekend. It was very good, but didn't hold up in quality to Prometheus, which has become one of my favorite Sci-Fi movies of all time. I think it got a bad rap when it came out, but the more I watch it (ten times+), the more I appreciate how well done it was. Likewise, the first Guardians of the Galaxy I am a huge fan of, but the sequel just released was not nearly as well developed in story-line. I think they were over-forcing the comedy, and the plot was very mediocre. Great to see the characters again, but could have been better.
NOVELYN LAPON

Post by NOVELYN LAPON »

Avengers,agents of shield,eon flux
Wealthy
Currently Reading: Worth the risk
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Wealthy »

I loved the fringe scifi movies
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Real Steel and X-men Apocalypse were the last sci-fi I saw.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
biiro

Post by biiro »

wawo i loved ender's game,it was aworesome indeed i rank it among the 5 sci fi ever watched.
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

Interstellar it is! The beginning is slow paced and i thought i won't finish it, but my sister said we should, then we realized it was more than three hours but we kept on watching AND it was the best. I didn't regret watching it. I love The Martian and Ender's Game as well <3
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Return to “Films and Books”