What is your favourite Book-To-Movie Adaptation?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
BrandyBeaudin
Currently Reading: unEnchanted (An unfortunate tale)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandybeaudin.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: What is your favourite Book-To-Movie Adaptation?

Post by BrandyBeaudin »

Book to movies are always a toss up for me! I would have to say the CS Lewis series of the lion, the witch and wardrobe and the rest that follows are the top of my list, then our faults in the stars, Harry potter (goes without saying), Percy Jackson series and finally My newest love is Mrs Pettigrew home for extraordinary children!.

That being said I am sure that there are a few like Pete's Dragon and the jungle book that should have been left alone!
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
KatSims92
Currently Reading: The Beauty Myth
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsims92.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by KatSims92 »

Lord of the Rings will always be my favorite series of books and films. No contest.
romance fan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by romance fan »

My favorite book to movie adaption would be Harry Potter, The Twilight Saga ,Fifty shades Of Grey Trilogy, Lord Of the Rings and The Hobbit.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

I can't really say it's my favorite, but recently I've been watching The Kissing Booth again and again. I enjoy the movie. I love the soundtracks used and the emotions I felt are almost the same when I read the book.
Riszell

Post by Riszell »

I love reading the Twilight Saga and I have reread the whole saga at least twice. I can say they made a great movie adaptation for each especially the last movie, Breaking Dawn Part 2 with that epic finale. That was unexpected, something that was not in the book but you can assume all the same and a great addition to the scene. I was talking of Alice's vision on the last part by the way. :wink:
Riszell

Post by Riszell »

BrandyBeaudin wrote: 06 Jan 2017, 12:37 Book to movies are always a toss up for me! I would have to say the CS Lewis series of the lion, the witch and wardrobe and the rest that follows are the top of my list, then our faults in the stars, Harry potter (goes without saying), Percy Jackson series and finally My newest love is Mrs Pettigrew home for extraordinary children!.

That being said I am sure that there are a few like Pete's Dragon and the jungle book that should have been left alone!
Did you mean Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children? I have watched the film and thought it was odd in a good way but have not read the book yet. I remember seeing the book in bookstores when I was still in college and thought that it looks like a unique read and both the cover and title are catchy and intriguing.
MsLisa
Currently Reading: Twisted But True
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mslisa.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by MsLisa »

I enjoyed the movie adaption of the book Coraline. It took liberties with the book but I'm not of the opinion that the movie needs to be an exact copy of the book to be good. I also really liked the Great Gatsby movie adaption. It wasn't as detailed of the book of course but I really enjoyed the visuals and the actors chosen to play the characters.

Return to “Films and Books”