What are you watching on TV or Internet

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
cs_johnson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What are you watching on TV or Internet

Post by cs_johnson »

I have 2 new favourites, the Katering Show and Bondi Hipsters. Both are cheeky funny satire Aussie short shows that don't take themselves too seriously.
Ripley3131
Favorite Author: S.E. Sasaki
Currently Reading: reunion in death
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ripley3131.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
fav_author_id: 21099

Post by Ripley3131 »

I have been currently re-watching the entire Dexter series on Netflix. There is some genius to this show.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
SkipperGH

Post by SkipperGH »

The Night Manager and WestWorld as a weekly follow. Hopkins, once again, setting such a high bar that it's almost unfair.
grn_tea

Post by grn_tea »

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life (Netflix) - I've missed Rory and Lorelai so much ☺️?
Kaitlyn Love

Post by Kaitlyn Love »

I don't have TV, but I do have Netflix. I've been watching Supernatural! It is probably my top favorite TV series of all time. It's really worth the watch! Season 12 is coming out right now!
hholding93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hholding93.html

Post by hholding93 »

At the moment I'm watching Good Witch on Netflix. i'm really enjoying it at the moment it's just a really heartwarming tv series and always puts me in a good mood when I watch it.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

The news, unfortunately! There's nothing else on right now!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
brianference

Post by brianference »

On tv I was excited to see a new episode of Vikings just came out. I am also watching Hells Kitchen and am looking forward to several new seasons of Netflix originals like Marco Polo and Narcos.
Vexin
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vexin.html

Post by Vexin »

grn_tea wrote:Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life (Netflix) - I've missed Rory and Lorelai so much ☺️?
I have been watching this as well and oh my gosh it's still so great!
Brings back some good times. Spent a long time watching those girls lol. Also love that the episode are 1 hour and a half long. If anyone has Neflix and used to be into Gilmore Girls you definitely need to watch :mrgreen:

Not only have I been watching the new season of Gilmore Girls, but also have been watching the new season of Supernatural! Just when you think that show can't get any crazier it always pops up with new surprises :lol2:
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

Currently hubby and I are binge watching Bosch on Amazon streaming video. Good show, we are both hooked on this one. In bed I am currently watching White Collar, another good show.
bigfootmurf
Favorite Book: Stranger In A Strange Land
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigfootmurf.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by bigfootmurf »

I'm watching Deep Space 9 which goes round and round forever on CBS action. Somehow I've missed it over the years but managed to get in at the start. it's coming to a conclusion now and I may save up the last five episodes to watch in a big feast. It's very good Star Trek but I can see the similarities to Babylon 5 for which it was criticized. On the other hand, it's different enough and the characters are very good. All in all I would recommend it. Probably the best Star Trek series since Captain Kirk's day.
tempebrown
Currently Reading: Escaping Tranquil
Bookshelf Size: 131

Post by tempebrown »

Have been watching the series, "The Designated Survivor." Kind of far-fetched but I like that kind of story.
ALVande
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Currently Reading: Dragonmark
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alvande.html
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by ALVande »

I've been binging on Shameless, the UK version. I'll probably start the US version when I'm done just to compare the two. I honestly don't know why I started it, but I kept going because I feel in love with the characters and Frank honestly reminds me of my dad who I miss for some reason. LOL
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

I watched a really cute movie on Netflix called "The Spirit of Christmas". It was about a man who owned an inn in Vermont who was murdered in prohibition times who is now haunting the inn. The owner dies and the inn is to be sold. The law offices handling the estate sends a female lawyer, Kate, to get an appraisal but the ghost keeps scaring everyone away. Kate, being stubborn, stays at the inn and meets the ghost, Daniel. The story follows Kate trying to help Daniel figure out why he is trapped at the inn. I loved the movie!
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

A 1952 BBC mini-series Quatermass and the Pit. A very well made and intelligent sci-fi story about a failed invasion from Mars five million years in the past. There was a movie in the 70's made from the original series, it was good but the TV version was much better.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.

Return to “Films and Books”