What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by rssllue »

Bighuey wrote:
rssllue wrote:The Clown starring Red Skelton in a rare dramatic role. It was actually pretty well done, and even though it was a drama, it still had quite a few funny parts as you would expect. 7 out of 10.
I havent seen that for years. I saw it when it first came out when I was a kid, and years later my wife and I saw it on TV and she bawled like a baby. I used to tease her about crying at a Red Skelton movie.
It does sound pretty odd to cry in that scenario. :lol: But having seen it, you can totally understand. :wink:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
tortoise keeper
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tortoise-keeper.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Reading Device: B0192AFG7A

Post by tortoise keeper »

Just got home from seeing Star Trek Beyond. Though I am not a big Star Trek fan I have enjoyed the recent prequels. I would recommend this movie to action adventure fans. It also had quite a bit of humor and entertaining one liners. I usually wait and watch movies at home but this one deserved a big screen.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
booklover38
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by booklover38 »

The last movie i saw was "Warcraft" and to me, it's kind of boring that it put me to sleep..lol!
ramneetsudan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramneetsudan.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by ramneetsudan »

i saw conjuring2 and enjoyed horror movie
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt

Post by Bighuey »

Undying Monster from 1942. It was what you would call a werewolf murder mystery. Suspenseful and well made. It had James Ellison as a Scotland Yard detective, kind of a different role for him. He was more well known for B westerns, as Hoppy's sidekick in the Hopalong Cassidy movies. Not a bad movie, well worth watching.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
sarahgracetaylor
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahgracetaylor.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by sarahgracetaylor »

The last movie I hadn't seen before that I watched was called Devil's Pass, it was a thriller centered around the Dyatlov Pass incident, I'd give it a 6/10 because it was surprisingly enjoyable as far as horror films go, though it was a bit contrived and cliche. Then again a lot of things are nowadays, haha.
Martina_Reads
Currently Reading: Mindfulness
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-reads.html

Post by Martina_Reads »

I haven't seen the movie Me Before You, but I read the book. I am a mom of adult children, thus a senior, and I thought the book was very thought-provoking and very much enjoyed reading it. I look forward to seeing the movie.
pinstar
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts (Unpublished Old Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by pinstar »

Batman v Superman.
it was eh. I'll give it a 4/10. Only that high because I thought wonder woman was awesome (even though her outfit looked like a weird bathing suit...)
shuffman2009
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shuffman2009.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by shuffman2009 »

I recently read the book Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I loved the book and was excited to watch the movie to see how it compared. I have tried to watch it three times and have fallen asleep all three times. I don't know if its just me or if the movie was really that bad. The movie for the most part followed the storyline with a few big differences but I haven't even made it to the halfway point.
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

Yesterday I went to see Star Trek Beyond. I enjoyed it, I would give it 8/10. It was a fun summer movie.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
kaushi242
Currently Reading: Hands Across The Sea
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by kaushi242 »

The DUFF

8/10
It was pretty funny and I really enjoyed it.
Bighuey
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt

Post by Bighuey »

Not exactly a movie but I watched a show about the attack on Pearl Harbor. It was quite interesting, they used computer graphics to describe the action and had interviews with survivors. I liked it, it was pretty good.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Courtney7
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney7.html

Post by Courtney7 »

The last movie I watched was Finding Dory. I thought the movie was family friendly, which I am absolutely thankful for. And I loved that it was full of excitement and humor. The animations never cease to amaze me. Excellent!
emthomas1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B0163GNS5S

Post by emthomas1 »

Pinstar, I'm with you - on a whim, Batman v. Superman was my latest, and I was not a fan. Part of it was how high in regard I hold The Dark Knight trilogy, as BvS tried carrying itself with equal importance, but overall did not succeed in my opinion. Plot was all over the place, Lex was too over-the-top, too many characters, too many fast cuts from the director so that few scenes resonated.

I'll also nominate this flick for a to-be-created thread: Worst Movie with the Best Trailer

1.5/5 for me.
E.M. Thomas
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I saw "My Big Fat Greek Wedding Two" over the weekend. It was funny but predictable, so 3/4 stars.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.

Return to “Films and Books”