Freezer cookbooks?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Allstarmommy7
Bookshelf Size: 0

Freezer cookbooks?

Post by Allstarmommy7 »

What's your favorite freezer cookbook or meals? All I can think of is lasagna freezes well.
Guppy
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guppy.html
Latest Review: "Aftermath" by Gary Gaudin

Post by Guppy »

Stews, curries, spaghetti bolognese, soups all freeze well. Anything with a lot of sauce will prevent drying out in the freezer. Or you could chop, bag and freeze uncooked ingredients for crockpot meals. Pinterest has lots of ideas for crockpot freezer meals.
Latest Review: "Aftermath" by Gary Gaudin
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

You could probably make some pizzas and pot pies and freeze them. Pot pies are incredibly easy to make and if you use the muffin pan you can make a ton of them to last you a long time. I agree that Pinterest is good place to look for more ideas.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Cin8685
Currently Reading: The Address
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cin8685.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Cin8685 »

Before I had my son I went to aldi and got a ton of groceries to freeze/prep meals. I made a chicken and rice casserole, cheeseburger tater tot casserole, lasagna, I made a crock pot of spaghetti sauce and froze that as well as hamburger patties and then we even made and froze some breakfast tacos/burritos and sandwiches that all worked out super well! All really easy too!
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”