Official Review: Rise by Luis Almonte

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Official Review: Rise by Luis Almonte

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

David Nash wrote:Writing young adult material is always a challenge. On the one hand, you need to appeal to the young reader. This can often involve large emotional swings. On the other side is the struggle to become an adult and control those same emotions. Sounds like the author did a good job. Thanks for the review.
I agree!
Thank you!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
James Craft
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: Carnivore
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-craft.html
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by James Craft »

hsimone wrote:Thank you for a great, insightful review! Sometimes, I get in one of those slumps where I read a few books that are 'meh' and don't feel completely immersed in. I am so glad that this book wasn't the case for you. I love fantasies and young adult reads, so this might be a read for me. Congratulations to the author for receiving a glowing review!
Yeah, that makes me want to read this book, too! I like books that keep a fast pace!
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
Kourtney Bradley

James Craft wrote:
hsimone wrote:Thank you for a great, insightful review! Sometimes, I get in one of those slumps where I read a few books that are 'meh' and don't feel completely immersed in. I am so glad that this book wasn't the case for you. I love fantasies and young adult reads, so this might be a read for me. Congratulations to the author for receiving a glowing review!
Yeah, that makes me want to read this book, too! I like books that keep a fast pace!
Thank you!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Magickangel102
Currently Reading: The forgotten princess
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magickangel102.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Magickangel102 »

Thank you do much for this detailed review. This book is exactly the kind of book I love to read. Magic and witches are one of my favorite subject matters to read on. A coming of age YA book being second in favorites this sounds to combine both those elements into a great read. I am adding this book to my shelf and heading to buy it !
Kourtney Bradley

Magickangel102 wrote:Thank you do much for this detailed review. This book is exactly the kind of book I love to read. Magic and witches are one of my favorite subject matters to read on. A coming of age YA book being second in favorites this sounds to combine both those elements into a great read. I am adding this book to my shelf and heading to buy it !
Glad to hear it! I hope you enjoy it!
–Vera Nazarian
HannahGreendale
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahgreendale.html

Post by HannahGreendale »

Thanks for this review. You've certainly made this book sound exciting.
Kourtney Bradley

Thanks!
–Vera Nazarian
Ethan Stark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ethan Stark »

Fifteen-year-old high school sophomore Alexia Wick is an ordinary girl, with extraordinary abilities. She attends the prestigious South Haven Academy for the Gifted and Talented, but unknown to the other students, she is an Alerium witch. The daughter of a High Priest and Priestess, Alexia must learn to navigate the pressures of high school, all while preparing for one of ...more

Ethan Stark

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”