Crockpots

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Crockpots

Post by Celticlady »

I love my crockpot. I use it at least once or twice a week. For a variety of things. Right now I have Honey Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops cooking, should be ready soon!! Happy Holidays.
MelissaY
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MelissaY »

I use mine a lot and love it! For Christmas Eve I have family coming in and am going to make butternut squash soup for lunch. Will be easy and not a lot of mess to clean up!
Paich73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paich73.html

Post by Paich73 »

Love my crockpot and try to use it weekly. The best source I have found is the book that came with the crockpot. I have a couple go to recipes my family loves and those pages are well loved.
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

I love my crockpot too, I use it for a variety of things at least 2-4 times a week! There are so many things you can do in a crockpot!
TesaRenee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tesarenee.html

Post by TesaRenee »

I just used made crock pot hot cocoa for Christmas and the kids loved it. I enjoy being able to put something on and continue with my day. I swear I spend more on crock pot liners than anything else though :-) Glad to see so many different options for cookbooks associated with slow cooking.
breyfoglese
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breyfoglese.html
Latest Review: "The Time Stone" by Jeffrey Estrella

Post by breyfoglese »

I like The Vegetarian Slow Cooker Cookbook, since I'm vegetarian and a lot of the recipes for crock pots are meat based. I do know my friends will get some beef and a jar of pepperoncini peppers and cook it for like six hours on high and that's apparently good.

Also - slow cooked steel cut oatmeal, with a cup of milk replacing one of the cups of oatmeal. Run, don't walk.
Latest Review: "The Time Stone" by Jeffrey Estrella
innocentdemand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-innocentdemand.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by innocentdemand »

Where would I be without a crock pot? I have a whole slew of recipes I make with it. One of my favorites is a loaded potatoes recipe that is absolutely to die for. Also, you can't go wrong with a cheese dip for a party in one of them.
chattykathy
Currently Reading: Lost Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chattykathy.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by chattykathy »

I love my crock pot! We use most of the year since I have a chronic disease that at times keeps me in bed. I can get up dump stuff in and in a few hours there are go. My husband grew up on "Soup beans and Cornbread" and so I make that at least once a month. As of late I have even been making homemade bread in it.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

Spontaneo wrote:Sir/Madam,

I am, basically, married, to the crockpot. It does such a good job, any time, of the year. Out of all of the cookbooks I have bought, the Fix-It and Forget-It series, by Phyllis Pellman Good, are the best!

The recipes are very tasty and do not call, for exotic ingredients. You can find most ingredients, at the local, dollar store.

As for size of the crockpot, one may buy a mini travel and go, to a seven (7) quart. The Fix-It and Forget-It cookbooks tell one, which size crockpot, goes best, with each recipe.

If you would like, to see, for yourself, before buying, loan one, from your local library. Also, scout your local yard sales, Ebay or Amazon.
I love my crockpot! My wife does too, but sometimes she gets tired of it.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by christinac_2585 »

I love cooking with the crock pot. I enjoy putting all the ingredients in and how it makes the house smell good while it's cooking. It also allows me to get house work done or gives me time to read!!
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
classicaltwist
Currently Reading: The Algorithm Design Manual
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-classicaltwist.html
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by classicaltwist »

I have a crockpot, but I'm ashamed to say I've barely used it! My sister and I have tried a few recipes we've found online and had mixed results. If anyone knows of any good crockpot recipe books, please share. :)
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch
Ckennedy
Currently Reading: Divergent
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ckennedy.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by Ckennedy »

My crock pot is my favorite kitchen appliance. I don't know where I would be without mine!
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Kdonegan91 wrote:I love the Fix-It and Forget-It series also. My crockpot is amazing and makes my evening less chaotic. My favorite meals in my crockpot are Mississippi Roast, Chicken and stuffing with gravy, and cheesy potato soup.
Thanks for the Mississippi Roast recommendation. :) I have made a similar recipe before, with chuck roast, pepperoncini peppers, and a packet of Good Season Italian Seasoning. I looked up the Mississippi Roast recipe online...guess what's in my crockpot right now ready to eat in 1/2 hour? :) :) :)
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

Yes, crockpots can do amazing things and they are used a lot in my house. It is used to make chicken dishes, pot roast, and many other delicious meals. Often times in my house we just toss some vegetables in there with the meats and let it go to town. That way the meal is less of a hassle.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Ltlefan
Favorite Author: Cara Covington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 20569

Post by Ltlefan »

I love my crockpot . My favorite recipe is rotisserie chicken in the crockpot. I found the recipe on Pinterest.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”