Bero Book

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
clattnow
Bookshelf Size: 0

Bero Book

Post by clattnow »

I like the Bero book a small book which started at 10p the recipes are done in stages easy to follow and good for any house wife. The person who invented the book was called Bell ro but changed the title to a more catchier theme to sell the book. It is now around a £1.00 to purchase. All the recipes turn out well because it is done in step format. I bake some lovely lemon scones from the book. I have baked the other recipes which my husband loves to eat. One is called chocolate spice cake. The chef forum love the lemon scone recipe. I also like the savoury section on herbal yam slices.
Amh73090
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amh73090.html
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd

Post by Amh73090 »

Hmm I find this very interesting. I've never heard of this type of book. Now I'll have to look into it.
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd
clattnow

Post by clattnow »

Hi there Amh, it is a good book you may not have heard of it because it is sold in the Uk and not in other lands I am sorry to say. It does exist. Also you may only be able to get it through The Bero Flour company who sell bero self raising flour and Bero Plain flour. It is a good book to use and helps many cooks and bakers who are not professionals it makes them look professional.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

Sounds interesting I will have to check it out, thank you.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
clattnow

Post by clattnow »

you are welcome a helpful book does cooking and baking step by step has a chefs hat at the end of each recipe. My husband loves the scones from it, the tea loaves, and biscuits. It only costs £1.00. Started in the 1800s by a man called Bell Ro he changed his name to Be ro so that it tripped off the tongue. A pocket sized book so you can take it into many stores with you to gain the ingredients. I fully recommend it. Does not assume you know where as other cook books do.

-- 06 Nov 2016, 16:29 --

Reading a new book called Tolstoy's Resurrection about a prostitute whom a solicitor went out with and has appeared in court accused of murdering someone he is hoping she does not recognise him. It is a penguin classic. His last book. Written in the 1800s in Russia. You may have read this book it is most entertaining as describes everyone in fine detail.
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

clattnow wrote: 22 Jul 2016, 02:59 I like the Bero book a small book which started at 10p the recipes are done in stages easy to follow and good for any house wife. The person who invented the book was called Bell ro but changed the title to a more catchier theme to sell the book. It is now around a £1.00 to purchase. All the recipes turn out well because it is done in step format. I bake some lovely lemon scones from the book. I have baked the other recipes which my husband loves to eat. One is called chocolate spice cake. The chef forum love the lemon scone recipe. I also like the savoury section on herbal yam slices.
Thanks for suggesting the book. I had never heard about it.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”