Diet Recipe Books

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
LadySunshine
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladysunshine.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Diet Recipe Books

Post by LadySunshine »

I do not usually follow recipes, being one of those people who just likes to make cooking as simple as it can be. I usually make things that I am familiar with; but I have been trying to get healthier and also lose some weight, and sometimes they will put out a cook book along with the diet program. Atkins Diet is an excellent example of this, and they have put out quite a few cook books over the years, especially as they have updated the Atkins diet plan.
Usually, I look online for recipes nowdays, but I have also bought the cookbooks as well, and think that I probably still have one or two of the Atkins cook books somewhere in the office on the bookshelf.
They do have some interesting recipes that each you how to make some food that you especially enjoy (cheesecake comes to mind), and to make them with ingredients that are allowed on the eating plan.
So, when I go to the thrift store, browsing for an old Atkins cook book , or nowdays, maybe a Paleo one, is still something that I enjoy doing.
RT
Cristina
Bookshelf Size: 3117
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Cristina »

I like the Dash Diet myself. My dad is diabetic and has been able to eat a lot of the food I have made from their recipes. The recipes are ones that I am comfortable making for potlucks, where many people may be on different dietary paths.
Amh73090
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amh73090.html
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd

Post by Amh73090 »

I had an Atkins one too. I really liked that one. Honestly all cook books I find now are at the library. I just copy the ones I like. That might be a good idea for you.
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd
cora_reads
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cora-reads.html

Post by cora_reads »

Has anyone read the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook? I haven't gotten it yet, but I think that will be my next purchase.
Cristina
Bookshelf Size: 3117
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Cristina »

cora_reads wrote:Has anyone read the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook? I haven't gotten it yet, but I think that will be my next purchase.
I had not heard of that one but looked it up. It looks good. I'm thinking of getting that one now. Thanks! :reading-6: :cooking:
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

I did the atkins diet and lost 90lbs last year. However the diet is very strict and I became pregnant and just could not do it any longer. I am currently doing weight watchers. I am losing much slower on ww compared to atkins but I can see myself following this diet for life. It is not near as strict and I can still have the food I love. WW is more about portion control as atkins is all about carbs, fat, and protein ratios. To each their own though. Good luck with whatever diet you choose. :)

-- 19 Oct 2016, 19:59 --

Pinterest is an amazing app to find and store your recipes. I love it because I can organize my recipes and it is easier to take my cell to the store with the recipe already on it.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
HDoyle

Post by HDoyle »

Skinny Taste (and her website) has lots of healthy, easy options that are good! I don't follow any particular diet. For me it's more about avoiding preservatives and limiting sugars.
Spontaneo
Favorite Book: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spontaneo.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Spontaneo »

Any of the JoAnna M. Lund cookbooks are super!

Personally, I own Party Fare and A Potful of Recipes.

Mrs. Lund was severely overweight. Then, she started to tweak her own recipes and lost about 100 pounds. Thus, the beginning of her cookbooks.

Many are found on-line used yet in good condition.

:)
You Only Grow Old If You Want To
Arista

Post by Arista »

what about books that have recipes for people with several allergies? any suggestion?

-- 14 Aug 2017, 11:23 --

i mean nuts, seafood and lactose.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”