Author Appreciation!

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Erinlee12
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erinlee12.html
Latest Review: "The Faithful Steward" by Dmitri Dobrovolsky

Re: Author Appreciation!

Post by Erinlee12 »

I'm a brand new member and already really excited about this site and all it has to offer!

To all the authors who graciously give their books up for free critique, thank you for for your willingness and vulnerability of doing that! It is a privilege to be able to be a part of reading so many books.
Latest Review: "The Faithful Steward" by Dmitri Dobrovolsky
Amheiser
Currently Reading: Freedom
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amheiser.html
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel

Post by Amheiser »

I do want to thank all the authors who have put their books here for review. I have enjoyed a lot of books that I have found by reading these reviews. I don't have a lot of time to read so I like to get as much information about a book as I can so I can see if it is a book that I might enjoy reading and I find that the reviews here give me a lot more information than any other place I've found. It makes it a lot easier to make a decision about what to read next.
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

I would like to thank the authors as well as the reviewers. I've used the reviews to add to my reading. The thorough job done on reviews, and the Amazon link helps to make this the best site ever.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
Aetraves
Favorite Author: James Rollins
Currently Reading: Prince Caspian
Bookshelf Size: 236
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aetraves.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
fav_author_id: 4882

Post by Aetraves »

Thank you authors, with out you I would be seriously bored. I thrive on reading, and I always get super excited when I find a new author. I stumbled upon James Rollins (one of my favorite authors) because of a review in the Toronto Star on his East of Eden book. I also need to thank reviewers guiding my reading selection since I learned what a book review was. Thank you all, and continue to keep up the good work. It is now my turn to learn how to review and help many more make excellent reading selections.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Kattycarol

Post by Kattycarol »

Thanks Scott, for the awesome website where readers can share their thoughts and experiences with the books and their authors. I have just started this forum last week, but as I am a passionate book lover and love to read my favorite author Stephen King in fiction writing book. He is the guy off the chain whenever he writes something, he writes something amazing, all his novels are in the top selling novels and he is my favorite. Again thanks for this wonderful website.
rpaz1313

Post by rpaz1313 »

Thanks for creating such a cool website. I really appreciate it. I can now connect with others who hopefully have the same things in common. Cheers and have a nice day everyone.

Rich
Black Kats Cradle
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-kats-cradle.html

Post by Black Kats Cradle »

I am so glad to have found a place like this with so many avid readers.
I recently discovered Todd Langley and finished his book Bevel Down in less than twelve hours after I received it. It is gritty and real and very hard to put down.
I highly recommend it!
Georgethebookaholic
Favorite Author: Meja Mwangi
Currently Reading: Mortal Ghost
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgethebookaholic.html

Post by Georgethebookaholic »

Tons of appreciation to all the authors in this site. You're the pillars holding this site
Ben Hamilton

Post by Ben Hamilton »

Hi there, I am one of those who never used to read at all. In fact, I found reading so much boring that I used to take a look at any of the random books whenever I need to sleep. Because while reading books I used to feel sleepy instantly. But sincerely now I feel myself incomplete if I don’t turn a page a day. Books are really attractive, they have their own language of speaking. Following the trend of reading books, now I have reached towards your amazing site. Thanks for creating such one! Going to follow it regularly now :)
geno0157
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geno0157.html
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by geno0157 »

I'm a new member and already know that this site will be a favorite of mine. It's so nice to be in the company of other avid readers. My 87 year old mother recently self published her first book along with her husband. I very much appreciate the hard work that authors do. Thank you all for sharing your talents with the rest of us.
Peppin

Post by Peppin »

I just joined this site, but from what I've seen so far I have to say the website looks great. I feel it will be a good time being apart of it. Thanks so much for creating with website and to all the authors, without whom I wouldn't have a hobby I enjoy so much.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

All I can say to all of the authors who have put their hard work on this site to be reviewed is :text-thankyoublue: :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyoublue:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Divya agarwal
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divya-agarwal.html

Post by Divya agarwal »

Hello to all!Thanks for infusing new spirit to the joy of reading.I am new in your world of books and really looking forward for a good reading ride.:)

-- 23 Aug 2015, 11:25 --

Hello to all!Thanks for infusing new spirit to the joy of reading.I am new in your world of books and really looking forward for a good reading ride.:)
WilliamsQ

Post by WilliamsQ »

Thanks to all authors! Seriously, you are great. Life would be boring without storytellers.
Cheryl Rendone
Favorite Author: Ellen Hopkins
Favorite Book: Identical
Currently Reading: Red Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-rendone.html
Latest Review: Third Chances by Dan Petrosini
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3134

Post by Cheryl Rendone »

I'd like to thank you, Scott, for creating this awesome site and for keeping on improving it. And a thank you to all members and authors! Life would be dull (boring was already used lol) without books to take us away from reality.

Return to “Discuss Authors”