Currently Reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
CelestiaRose
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Currently Reading?

Post by CelestiaRose »

I am currently looking for a book, but the one i just finished is called Hershey Herself by Cecilia Galante. I loved that book because it doesn't have "perfect" characters and you can't predict how it is going to end. I also love it because it is a Slice Of Life book meaning it is a realistic fiction and some people may have gone through this. I like learning about real life experiences because I will have an idea of the outside world. This book is about Hershey a obese middle schooler, her mom, mom's boyfriend and baby half-sister Ella. The girls are sent to the battered women's shelter after Slade (mom's boyfriend) hits mom and threatens her. Through the eyes of Hershey they go through a real life experience.
johnweb2012

Post by johnweb2012 »

I just finished reading "What Would Steve Jobs Do? How The Steve Jobs Way Can Inspire Anyone To Think Differently And Win" by "Sander, Peter" and give it 5/5 stars. Now im reading "36-Hour Course in Business Writing And Communication".
Evil Overlord

Post by Evil Overlord »

Compact Vance Integral Edition volume II, by Jack Vance - a great investment, but all Jack Vance books apparently coming out now as e-books.
The Patchwork Girl of Oz, by L. Frank Baum - re-read classics!
The Age of Apollyon, by Mark Carver (as part of a review for review agreement)
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

I am locking this topic as we already have "What are you reading right now"? active in the General Book & Reading Forum.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”