Why read if you're not gonna write down the road

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
SidnayC
Favorite Book: I am yet to read a book worthy
Currently Reading: Inescapable by Amy Bartol
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sidnayc.html
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp

Re:

Post by SidnayC »

Heidi76 wrote:I would love to be a writer, but no matter how hard I try, even if I have a nice idea for a story, the moment I grab a pen, it's gone. I have all these stories but I can't get them on paper. So instead I enjoy the stories of the ones that can write. The writers need the readers, and the readers need the writers :wink:
I think it is very true that writers needs readers and vice versa. Because books give me inspiration to write and I need readers to read what I write! Please I would really encourage you to try hard to put pen to paper even if it seems stupid at first what you write... you may get into the swing of things and it takes off from their. I would say as soon as you have an idea jot it down.... It doesn't have to even make sense... you can tweak it later! Everything will come together if you just keep pushing at it.
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you - Maya Angelou
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp
thankyou
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankyou.html
Latest Review: "Colin Frake, On Fire Mountain" by Nick Phoenix and Two Steps From Hell

Post by thankyou »

I love reading, but that doesn't necessarily make me a good writer. So I'm satisfied to read the books of those who are actually good writers.
Latest Review: "Colin Frake, On Fire Mountain" by Nick Phoenix and Two Steps From Hell
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

"Why read if you're not gonna write down the road"

I think this has to be the most ridiculous question I have ever seen posted on these boards. I am amazed to find that it has it has received 6 pages of responses .... wait a minute ... I just responded too .... *slaps himself*.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
kitsune1997
Favorite Author: Derek Laundy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitsune1997.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by kitsune1997 »

Aside from the fact that not everybody likes to write, while writing your own stories brings enjoyment to you, reading books brings another type of enjoyment. Besides, not everyone has the talent to write, just like not everyone has the talent to sing or draw.
I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
Jorge Luis Borges
bluemel4
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

:text-goodpost:
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
BookLover117
Currently Reading: Luckiest Girl Alive
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover117.html

Post by BookLover117 »

This doesn't make much sense. Why cook if you won't become a chef? Many people enjoy reading, but have no desire/talent to write. It doesn't make someone lazy. I would love to one day write a great story, but don't feel as though I can always portray what I want to say.
LivreAmour217
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

DATo wrote:"Why read if you're not gonna write down the road"

I think this has to be the most ridiculous question I have ever seen posted on these boards. I am amazed to find that it has it has received 6 pages of responses .... wait a minute ... I just responded too .... *slaps himself*.
Lol, I agree. It's like saying "why watch movies if you're not gonna star in one someday." Not everyone has the gift of writing! Personally I would love to write, but about what I don't know!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

I know many people who love reading but will not even consider writing. I thinks it's a matter of interest because one has to be fully involved in writing.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”