Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Michelle92
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle92.html
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by Michelle92 »

For me reading is my place to go every time I need to think or not. I find a whole world of emotions when I am transported into this series of new worlds. It is an amazing opportunity. And reading as much as I can, I think it allows to walk in the minds of those brilliant authors. So for me, is a therapy, a hobby, a passion.
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann
Paulina1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulina1.html

Post by Paulina1 »

I developed my love of reading from working at the local library when I was fifteen. I got to view all the new releases, engage with the community with common book interests and help children learn to read during story time. I love to read internet articles and blogs and am a natural "library type" person. Authors express themselves through writing in ways we don't usually speak in every day language, so it's an exciting way to visualize the world through wonderful stories and novels.
dmole37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dmole37.html

Post by dmole37 »

I love reading because it's such a relaxing way to escape the real world for a little while. I also just love having that time to myself to cozy up somewhere and have quiet time to enjoy
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

Reading also helps me get into a different world and forget about what happened if I had a really bad day
BreannaRose
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breannarose.html

Post by BreannaRose »

I love reading because it lets me meet all the kinds of people I don't get to know in real life. They're confident and strong and adventurous in books, and I feel like it rubs off on me the more I read :D
Adamandia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 17">bloody earth</a>
Currently Reading: Stalked by love
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamandia.html

Post by Adamandia »

I've always loved reading books. You see I was what you may call a bookworm. I started reading fairytales at a very young age and when I got a little older (I think around 11) I started reading Greek Literature (I am from Greece) and I was hooked!!!!! The worlds I was getting into amazed me and I still remember the fisrt book that made me cry (="bloody earth" by Dido Sotiriou). I got into romance books at around 13 - 14 while still reading a lot of literature.
I cannot really explain why I like reading so much, it is a way of living for me and sometimes a way of escaping troublesome events. When I am reading I do not think about the problems that life has dealt me and I continue being optimistic. Afterall I have to be the "rock" in my family - as most women- and I have three kids to look after so I cannot afford problems bringing me down. So if I can achieve that through reading then that's what I do.
rempek1

Post by rempek1 »

reading transports me to another world.
bookworm_78

Post by bookworm_78 »

Life can be so stressful, but reading is so relaxing! With each book I read I feel I'm right there in the story & that's probably the main reason I enjoy reading so much.
DarthMom25
Currently Reading: Deadly Design
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darthmom25.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
2024 Reading Goal: 364
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by DarthMom25 »

Reading is definitely an escape for me. I get so immersed in this new world that I typically completely block out the real world. I love feeling like I'm a part of that book. It can definitely have some consequences, though, because when I'm in the middle of a great book and have to stop, all I can think about is that book' regardless of what I'm doing most of the time.
Jjnessie 33
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjnessie-33.html

Post by Jjnessie 33 »

because it takes me to a land where anything is possible
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I have always been a day dreamer. I remember back in grade school I was always ahead of the curve and found class time to be so boring. I quickly learned how to day dream and tune out other voices/noises. I find reading was always the fuel for my day dreams! I love to read because every book transports you to another time, another place - puts you right in someone else's shoes. Some of my best experiences in life have been through reading books. I can't imagine a life without reading.
Jories4
Currently Reading: The Divine Comedy
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Jories4 »

Cause i like the excitement of it.
dcopeland82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcopeland82.html

Post by dcopeland82 »

I like reading for so many reasons. I like the decompression reading gives me from the stress of my day-to-day life. Reading a good book pushes my imagination and leaves me feeling like I am a part of the story - crying, laughing, running, hiding. For a moment, my life disappears. I also love reading to my son. From the time he was in my belly, we read to him every night and we still do. He loves reading so much that it is actually punishment if he does not get two stories every night. He has a great imagination and love for stories. I believe reading is a great foundation in life.
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

I like reading because it is my escape from my crazy world. Plus I love to learn new cultures and read about other's life stories. Reading is my way to relax and let go of the day.. I am a sahm of 3 little kids under 4 years old so I need it!
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Lunapotter
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunapotter.html

Post by Lunapotter »

I like to read because it takes me away from the outside world. Also, even though I primarily read fiction, there is a lot to be learned from books of any sort. Fiction often teaches valuable life lessons and since I read a lot of historical fiction, I learn in that way as well.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”