Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
greywalker
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ndation</a>
Currently Reading: The Mysticism of Paul the Apostle
Bookshelf Size: 133

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by greywalker »

I love reading because it helps me broaden my perspectives and learn new things. Reading also entertains me, and it comforts me.
Lenajay585
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lenajay585.html

Post by Lenajay585 »

I like reading for reasons. I like reading non fiction because it takes me from my everyday reality and I get to experience and visualize what the characters are going through. I like cliff hangers and surprises, when it comes to non fiction.

I like fiction books about history becaue I like to be knowledgeable and well informed and educated.
Malone_01

Post by Malone_01 »

Because I like to live vicariously through the adventures of others! It is so much fun to escape and enter the world of someone else's imagining.
Elanor17

Post by Elanor17 »

Reading is like going on vacation.
If you find a book that really captures you, you can actually enter that world.
I am able to visualize what the author is portraying in their book and I guess that's why the movies for the most part don't do the books justice. Don't get me wrong I like the movies it's just not what I pictured.
Reading is my out when I just want to get away.
booksrmagic84
Currently Reading: Dragons of Starlight
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksrmagic84.html

Post by booksrmagic84 »

Life is stressful and reading helps me to de-stress. Also, it always takes me somewhere I could never go!
Elizabeth_Catelyn
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Elizabeth_Catelyn »

Reading allows you to learn about other cultures, increase your vocabulary, and add creativity to your life.
Sherb21
Currently Reading: Owned By A Hitman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sherb21.html

Post by Sherb21 »

Reading is an escape from my everyday worries! It allows me to relax and I love romance and suspense! Love my books not sure what I would do without them!
Athena2017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena2017.html

Post by Athena2017 »

Reading allows me to be free, to all sorts of possibilities and worlds. Reading keeps me sane while exploring all sorts of worlds and having the most wonderful adventures with all sorts of friends.
Fatema5253
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Fatema5253 »

You can se the world through someone else's eye. You can be transported to a whole new place, a place you have never been to, a culture you have never experienced. What's there to not love?
mrsdeg1983
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsdeg1983.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mrsdeg1983 »

I read because it take me out of reality. I can have an exciting life without leaving my home.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Because i feel that something is empty, not fulfilled when i dont read. and another i think as Kath has mentioned in her post to escape.Escape to a world away from realities. a made-up world.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Missy04
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missy04.html

Post by Missy04 »

Reading is an adventure, I can go to many places, knowing many cultures, learn about many things.
cmm23452
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmm23452.html

Post by cmm23452 »

I love to read because it allows me to relax after a busy day. Also, each book I read teaches me something I didn't know before and I get to learn about different characters that I would probably never meet in real life.
msmillennial
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmillennial.html

Post by msmillennial »

I love to read for a few reasons.
1) I love the incredible thought and care and creativity authors put into their work. I love reading the final product
2) I enjoy being able to completely tune out the world around me on occasion
3) Movies are great, but I have a hard time sitting still for too long. On top of that books give us a special relationship with the author. We use the authors words and our minds to picture everything and everyone in the book
Bunny_Redd
Favorite Book: Let's Talk About Love
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Bunny_Redd »

I like reading as an escape into a different world where anything is possible, and the good guys always win in the end.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”