Reader Intake Ratio

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
fidelarmus
Bookshelf Size: 2

Reader Intake Ratio

Post by fidelarmus »

Last year rate was near one book per each third day. Due to various factors, have not kept same pace. Is it ok for me to read more graphic novels along with movie scripts for such retake labors? Often seek unwavering consistency and thus remain secure atop the narrow conduit by a measured proficiency.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

That's a pretty good ratio. A few easy reads might just be the thing that you need to get you going again this year!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
fidelarmus
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by fidelarmus »

As I've said in a prior post, I am almost always insistent; fulfilling books read from first page up til the very back cover. Also, had used to be apt about one's pace; making assured stop marks which tended toward parallel spanned paged breaks... per an equal total each day.
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

In my opinion, you should read at whatever pace you're comfortable with and not force it to maintain a cadence of a certain number of books in a certain number of days. Its supposed to be fun to read, not work, and the way you describe it reminds me a bit of work, honestly.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”