Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2777

jewelzeyes
Currently Reading: The Crystal Bible
Bookshelf Size: 6

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by jewelzeyes »

Oh gosh, several get me sobbing even when re-reading them!

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

My favorites, of course!
sorpurt
Currently Reading: Complete Tales and Poems
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sorpurt.html
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch

Post by sorpurt »

The Fault in Our Stars made me cry like a baby. I don't typically cry when reading, but this one really pulled at my heartstrings.
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch
ember
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ember.html

Post by ember »

I'm a softy so I easily cry but the most bawling I did must be with A Walk to remember by nicholas sparks. Hahaha! I remember taking breaks due to buckets of tears.

Another book that comes to mind is Where rainbows end/love, rosie by cecilia ahern. I'm a fan of the book but I still haven't watched the movie adaptation. Is it any good?
Lindsays
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsays.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Lindsays »

"Fly a Little Higher" by Laura Sobeich, mom of Zach Sobiech who wrote the beautiful song "Clouds" about going to Heaven as he fought terminal cancer. What an amazing story! It touched my heart and broke my heart all at the same time.
dgilbertrogers
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 086">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgilbertrogers.html

Post by dgilbertrogers »

Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews definitely did it for me. I could not read the rest of the series because it made me so sad.
coyshari
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by coyshari »

I cried when I read "If I Stay" and "Where She Went". Very good books and a good movie to go with it.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom made me cry and so did a lot more. But the one that made me cry the hardest was Love Story by Erich Segal :( .
kombuchi88

Post by kombuchi88 »

"Cry to Heaven" made me cry for sure. Experiencing life through the eyes of a gay man from that time really spoke to me. Living gay myself, it was very interesting to see the differences in time, and part of the World.
Emcdonaldx
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emcdonaldx.html
Latest Review: "the crystal suncatcher" by f.j.norton

Post by Emcdonaldx »

I cried SO much while reading "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," "Ealenor and Park," "Fangirl," and "The Shack."
Latest Review: "the crystal suncatcher" by f.j.norton
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
fav_author_id: 21085

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

Emcdonaldx wrote:I cried SO much while reading "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," "Ealenor and Park," "Fangirl," and "The Shack."
Oh my gosh, you are so right "The Shack" had me in tears days after reading it and "Perks of Being a Wallflower" was so good I had to keep reading through the tears!
"We read to know we are not alone." ~ C.S. Lewis
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
KikiBeach
Currently Reading: Entwined with You
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kikibeach.html

Post by KikiBeach »

The fault in our starts and my sister's keeper we definitely my tear jerker books.
trishamira
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishamira.html

Post by trishamira »

Books that have actually touched my heart are most likely the harry potter series(which are by far my favourite) and books by Barbara Taylor
Mayara_au

Post by Mayara_au »

i have to admit i do not recall the first book that made me cry but i recall the one that made me cry the most.
it was ''The age of miracles by Karen Thompson walker'' and what made me feel so emotional was the overall feeling of a society that had lost hope of a future...having to live with days of over 12hrs of sun light and night without end it easy to imagine just how easy would be for a person to lose they minds.
fionaire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fionaire.html

Post by fionaire »

Clockwork Princess by Cassanda Clare! I loved that series and saying goodbye to it made me so emotional..
Mexahontas
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mexahontas.html

Post by Mexahontas »

Gosh, where to even begin on books that made me cry. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was a big one with so many characters gone! Let's see, "My Sister's Keeper" made me cry like a baby. I mean the ending was just devastating for me; however, they completely changed the ending in the movie. Also, "The Guardian" by Nicholas Sparks had me weeping for like a week. His earlier books were better tear-jerkers in my opinion. That is just three of many books that got to me.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”