Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2778

FrannyD28
Currently Reading: Fractured
Bookshelf Size: 5

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by FrannyD28 »

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes :(
tricia73003
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tricia73003 »

Many, I'll just comment on the most recent. For Whom The Bell Tolls and Water For Elephants. I have also cried because a book has come to completion.
kookiemonstor
Currently Reading: Brimstone
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kookiemonstor.html

Post by kookiemonstor »

Another vote for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Also, Love You Forever (yep, the children's book). I made the mistake of reading that one too soon after my son was born. :P
Bookaholic21

Post by Bookaholic21 »

I don't easily cry while reading, of course I feel bad and think about it for days...but the few books that had me bawling like a baby had to be Taking Chances by Molly McAdams , P.S I love you by Cecilia Ahern, A walk to remember by Nicholas Sparks and The edge of never by J.A Redmerski
Vicktoria
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vicktoria.html
Latest Review: "First Life" by stella Bonanno

Post by Vicktoria »

I have cried in too many books to write down. It could be a sad or happy moment.

I definitely cried in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Today I was reading J.K.Rowling's character description of Remus Lupin on Pottermore and cried all over again. It brings it all back.
Latest Review: "First Life" by stella Bonanno
Arielx1998

Post by Arielx1998 »

I second The Deathly Hallows! The Dovekeepers also had me in tears as well as The Hunger Games.

-- 28 Sep 2015, 18:11 --
sioux0707
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sioux0707.html
Latest Review: "Never Think Of Me" by Elijah Cainaan

Post by sioux0707 »

Any book where somebody dies, no matter the book.
Latest Review: "Never Think Of Me" by Elijah Cainaan
CzechTigg
Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czechtigg.html
Latest Review: "Finding the Phoenix" by Caitlin O'Connor

Post by CzechTigg »

I don't usually cry from fiction I must say. Some sad music on film or tv usually gets me more. May change my mind about this one day..
Latest Review: "Finding the Phoenix" by Caitlin O'Connor
CaitCupcake
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitcupcake.html
Latest Review: "Kept" by L. B. Plum
Reading Device: B00KHAFI9G

Post by CaitCupcake »

Another vote for Deathly Hallows. I find anytime an author kills off one of my favourite characters I'll cry, tv shows are the same. I'm dreading reading the game of thrones series, I cried enough watching the show let alone reading about the characters and spending more time with them before they go
Latest Review: "Kept" by L. B. Plum
Kanne
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanne.html

Post by Kanne »

I've cried reading quite a few books. Two that top the list are The Rice Mother by Rani Manicka and Kaleidoscope by Danielle Steel. My heart feels heavy just discussing about them...
dickens 100
Currently Reading: The Italian Wife
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dickens-100.html

Post by dickens 100 »

US by David Nicholls
This novel. about a man trying to patch up his marriage,by taking his wife and child on a trip around Europe, pulls at the heart strings
knusrat96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knusrat96.html

Post by knusrat96 »

I'm not very emotional so books and movies don't normally make me cry I cried when I read Anne of Green Gables by L.M.Montgomery. Honestly it isn't extremely emotional or anything but I cried when Matthew died. I really loved his character and the way the author described it was pretty moving. I was pretty young at that time but I guess it had a significant impact on me.
sinclairemilya
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sinclairemilya.html
Latest Review: The Eagle and the Dragon, a Novel of Rome and China by Lewis F. McIntyre

Post by sinclairemilya »

A Cup of Friendship by Deborah Rodriguez is the most recent book to make me cry. It is impossible to not be touched by this story, you are immediately connected to the characters and their struggle. Rodriguez brings many real world issues into your hands and makes you want to take some sort of action to help those with stories like the people in her book.
rachel_bruhn
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-jacks.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by rachel_bruhn »

I voted "yes", however I can't say that I have actually cried while reading a book. Before having a child I was never the emotional type while watching movies or reading. However, since having my son I get teary at just about anything. The only memory I can recall of getting a little teary-eyed while reading was at the start of the Hunger Games when Katniss volunteers for Prim. I immediately thought about how I would feel if my son's name was called and how I would do whatever it took to protect him. I think I got teary again when Rue died and Katniss paid tribute to her, again thinking about how it would feel to lose someone so young and innocent.
Journey beyond the jacket.
JBBROWN2012
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by JBBROWN2012 »

Allegiant from the Divergent Series definitely made me cry like a baby. The series was great up until the last book, when the unmentionable happens. Ugh!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”